Shooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do a lot of trading around and use the USPS Priority system a lot. If I am trading for some thing that maybe covered by federal law or makes more sense to not use the post office, I use FedEx, which I have an account with them. I use these two methods to track items, so no one never has a problem.

When I am trading around, unless some one says up front that I have to provide money for tracking or insurance, I will conclude that person who I am trading with is accepting full responsibility for the package they are shipping to arrive at my front door.

Using the post office for tracking can be as cheap as 85 cents and saves a lot of grief in the long run. When there is a question on the part of the shipper, I offer to have FedEx pickup the package at their place, so then the liability becomes mine instead of the theirs.

These are common sense approaches to make sure things happen in a proper and smooth fashion, so there are no hard feelings and no matter what disclaimers that are agreed to, the forum does not get hooked into problems. So people just need to make simple assurances to keep things going in a proper fashion that is fair to everyone.

Jerry

·
Registered
332 Posts
...unless some one says up front that I have to provide money for tracking or insurance, I will conclude that person who I am trading with is accepting full responsibility for the package they are shipping to arrive at my front door...
I agree with this. Unless stated otherwise, the agreement is to have the item, not for it to be put in the mail. To emphasize this, shipping insurance and other services are only provided to shippers, not to addressees.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
This thread:

1. Has no items for sale in it.

2. Has been posted due to Jerry's dealings with one of our moderators.

Jerry;
make no mistakes, you are on thin ice with the mods on this board.

ther is absolutely NO REASON for this thread except to stress YOUR POINT and lecture the mod in question.

This thread is closed, and subsequently, all other nonsence threads will follow.

enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.