Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have plans or know of a location to get plans for a shooting bench or probably more like a shooting chair? This would be used primarily for handguns.
Is there such a thing as one designed for attatchement to a 2" receiver hitch?
I shoot in a pasture with cows so it must be portable. Cows will destroy anything left in their pasture. If I leave a paper target on the rack it will be gone the next day. I hang the targets from wire using clothspins. They eat the clothspins.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,336 Posts
Jim,

Check the varmit hunting magazines. I know that I have seen similar types of portable rests. Have fun with the crows.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks DOK. Both of those would work. Since it's just going to be for handguns, I think I'll make it more square.
About the baaaaa. Several years ago we had a dairy cow that was kept in a pasture beside US Highway 60. She got sick and died. The Vet did an autopsy and found an 8 ft square plastic tarp in her rumen. Assumed it had blown off of a passing vehicle and she just couldn't resist.

·
"Bad Joke Friday" Dan (moderator emeritus)
7,762 Posts
Well, it appears those Ozark cows would make our Ioway cows look like picky eaters.

Dan

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,336 Posts
No, that's just how they pre-wrap the meat and cheese these days. More efficient way to get bovine products to market, and supports most people's theory that 'meat comes from the supermarket wrapped in plastic....'

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, and if the're Iowa cows they come pre-frozen.

·
"Bad Joke Friday" Dan (moderator emeritus)
7,762 Posts
We best be careful as we could disillusion those meat eaters that are concerned that hunters kill for their meat!

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts