1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
8,652 Posts
Very true Walt. Reading the reports coming in it was a 'professional' job by highly trained shooters. Disturbing but very difficult to prevent. Recent report in our news, you may be able to pick it up, a prisoner in a high security prison was running a drug and arms operation, bringing in machine guns to the UK and not all have been recovered.
He had one of the latest mobile phones .... no how did he get that ??

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
The bad guys always seem to be able to get the latest in weaponry.
Another reason why we have to provide our law enforcement people with the latest technology.
Jim

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
chevwilliams,

I agree with you, the Bad Guys ignore gun control laws and go about their business. Police protection is NOT adequate in France or here in the U.S. Gun Control laws merely disarm honest victims. I do not know if anyone is LEGAL CCW in France. We know from today's events the Terrorists can, and are, ILLEGALLY carrying in France.

I carry 24/7 and have a fighting chance denied the French victims. WHERE is a cop when you need one???

Webley

·
Super Moderator
8,652 Posts
chevwilliams,

I agree with you, the Bad Guys ignore gun control laws and go about their business. Police protection is NOT adequate in France or here in the U.S. Gun Control laws merely disarm honest victims. I do not know if anyone is LEGAL CCW in France. We know from today's events the Terrorists can, and are, ILLEGALLY carrying in France.

I carry 24/7 and have a fighting chance denied the French victims. WHERE is a cop when you need one???

Webley
Getting shot by the sounds of it :-(

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
Sus Scrofa,

MANY more disarmed citizens are being shot in New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts and France than cops on any given day.

On opening day of rifle deer season a few years ago an armed trespasser threatened me on my own posted farm. I called the state police and was told by the dispatcher, "I have no officer to send." I controlled the situation to my satisfaction and realized calling the police is akin to "Dial-A-Prayer!" Happily, Pennsylvania is a Shall Issue CCW state and my M1911 .45 ACP is my constant companion, in case of need. Did the French victims have that option?

Webley

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
At least one of the police officers killed wasn't armed, if he had been maybe the outcome would have been different.

·
Banned
4,923 Posts
Radio news says the police already have a line on Hugh Dunnitt. Says that two of the murderers are brothers. Says they switched cars or some such action, and left a clue. Criminals always make at least one mistake that catches them. Let me guess: France has no death penalty. The perps will be royalty in prison. That is, if they serve even a day...

·
Super Moderator
8,652 Posts
Sus Scrofa,

MANY more disarmed citizens are being shot in New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts and France than cops on any given day.

On opening day of rifle deer season a few years ago an armed trespasser threatened me on my own posted farm. I called the state police and was told by the dispatcher, "I have no officer to send." I controlled the situation to my satisfaction and realized calling the police is akin to "Dial-A-Prayer!" Happily, Pennsylvania is a Shall Issue CCW state and my M1911 .45 ACP is my constant companion, in case of need. Did the French victims have that option?

Webley
As I read the news here in the UK two maybe three local police went to the scene and realised the side arms they were carrying and the equipment they had where not adequate and started to retreat when one or more of them was shot. If I recollect there was and probably still is a thread on this forum where everyone other than one or two were complaining about how US police where turning up to scenes looking like special forces. These two criminals where dressed in full military gear with body armour and carrying AK47s. I doubt very much if your chosen side arm would have been much use on this occasion as the normal sidearm of these dead police officers proved and I doubt very much if the dead staff in that office would have had much better chance in the circumstance as they were not confronted with 'normal' criminals but highly trained men with all the kit.

·
Banned
4,923 Posts
Police now know who done it. One of them dropped a license or some sort of ID card when they switched escape vehicles. One suspect is dead or has surrendered. Lots of info coming in rapidly, now. I hope the at-large suspects try to shoot it out with the French Army and all killed in very bad fashion. These criminals do not deserve any time in a court of law. Jus' my opinion...

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
If they shoot it out with the police and die they believe they get their 70 virgins and will become martyrs, they want to die fighting infidels. If these idiots could die a forbidden death such as being killed by a woman or contacting swine and dying before being cleansed and not burying the body within 24 hours it would be a deterrent to future terrorist.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,265 Posts
ABC news this morning had some great firearms related comments. An ABC reporter commented that you could hear automatic weapons fire but the shots being fired were definitely semi auto fire. The same reporter said the killers were well trained and equiped with special shooting gloves to help stabilize his automatic weapons for better aimed fire. I love it when reporters are so well informed.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Very true Walt. Reading the reports coming in it was a 'professional' job by highly trained shooters. Disturbing but very difficult to prevent. Recent report in our news, you may be able to pick it up, a prisoner in a high security prison was running a drug and arms operation, bringing in machine guns to the UK and not all have been recovered.
He had one of the latest mobile phones .... no how did he get that ??
Sus, I read that in France there are so many Muslims now, that 1 in 6 French are in favor of Sharia Law and that number is rising. There are even zones where the police are not allowed in. In other words, zones where the constitution is abolished essentially. I know England is facing a similar onslaught. How bad is it there and what is being done differently that in France?

·
Registered
614 Posts
I hope they don't shoot it out with the French Army, not sure who would win.

I wish that the people that want the strict gun laws could see that this and the recent shooting in Sydney Australia were in countries that have very strict gun laws.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
As I read the news here in the UK two maybe three local police went to the scene and realised the side arms they were carrying and the equipment they had where not adequate and started to retreat when one or more of them was shot. If I recollect there was and probably still is a thread on this forum where everyone other than one or two were complaining about how US police where turning up to scenes looking like special forces. These two criminals where dressed in full military gear with body armour and carrying AK47s. I doubt very much if your chosen side arm would have been much use on this occasion as the normal sidearm of these dead police officers proved and I doubt very much if the dead staff in that office would have had much better chance in the circumstance as they were not confronted with 'normal' criminals but highly trained men with all the kit.
In their drawings to illustrate the story, ABC changed the AK47s to AR15s or AR16s. Probably want to get the "black rifles" banned here.:mad:

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
"Propagandists, Thy name is "Major News Media" now."
They do not Report the Facts, but change the 'facts' top fit the Preconceived "Story".
Best Regards,
Chev. William

·
Super Moderator
8,652 Posts
Even worse the news is that a young policewoman has been shot dead in another incident. The European Union opened the doors ( I know I'm getting political but the question was asked). Here in the UK our borders are open. I can see this happening here in the not too distant future. The first police officer shot in France was a muslim, now get your head around that. The two they are searching for are criminal misfits who have been radicalised and France, Germany and Britain allow this to go on in the name of European Human Rights law. Germany now has huge riots about the subject. The result is not going to be pretty.

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
Sus Scrofa,

Where to begin? IF the Bad Guys were "in full body armour" it would NOT matter if any of the three responding cops were capable of taking Head Shots. Even in the LA shooting we had cops who could not hit their foot, let alone the HEAD of a Bad Guy. FULL BODY Armour does NOT protect the head of the BG from a determined and proficient officer who can hit a HEAD at 30-40 yards!

As for the "dead staff in the newspaper office NOT being confronted by 'normal criminals'," I suggest ANY criminal assault can be met with a M1911, despite their training. Bad Guys are ONLY BULLETPROOF in States that deny citizens their God-Given RIGHT of self defence. YES, call the Police in case of need. REMEMBER the Cops are ONLY Minutes AWAY when SECONDS count.

Are French Citizens allowed to carry CCW? Are Terrorist allowed to carry in France??? I rest my case.

Webley

My question originally was, "Can French citizens CARRY handguns, or do they have to DIAL 911 and emit a Prayer?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.