Shooters Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the first time taking the sharps to my friends ranch to shoot. I had never experience black powder shooting would be so much fun. My hunting buddies also enjoyed shooting the sharps. On my friends ranch he has a gong set up at 100, 200, 500, and 700 yards. Started shooting at 200 yards just missing the 12 inch gong. So I gave my buddy the sharps and told him to rasie the buck horn site to 450 yards setting and let one go at the 500 yard gong. After firing several times and almost hitting it I told him let me give it a try. After two shots and almost hitting it I finally hit it on the third shot. It sure was something when the breeze cleared the smoke and hearing the delay of the hit on the gong . Well all I can say it is very difficult to see the target that far away, I am sure I had a lot of luck on my side when firing that round. I did fire three shots at the 700 yard gong and shot just high missing it, the other two were short. Well the rest of the day we had fun shooting squirels. Can't say I got one but sure came dam close. I can see that this black powder shooting can be really addicting.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts