Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ive done it with double tap 360's out of my raging bull. Its not pleasant nor is doing it with my 500 smith. Only reason is because my father wanted to see it done. Seems he gets a kick out of my pain.

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
Not me (on a regular basis). I've known a few shooters that ignored pain when they were young. Paying for it now they are!

Some real good shooters can barely hold a pencil anymore!

Cheezywan

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Its not the best way to do it but resting your elbow will help you a lot to remain on target because youre not trying to steady the whole weight of the gun all the way out at the end of your arm.
Besides, didnt look like the sights were a consideration.
Now, if your on your own hind legs, one handed at arm's length and you hit your target where you want, then Im impressed.

I know what its like two handed with 300 grain Speer hunting ammo. Darn snappy and Id rather spread it out over two hansd instead of just one.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well... I cannot understand why anyone would even want that gun, but, I must admit that single-handedly shooting it is unusual, to say the least. I have always wondered what would happen if the shooter happened to not drop his target in the first 20 yards, giving the closing ability of a Grizz. Personally, I like a hot .45Colt or .44 Mag. myself - buit to each their own.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason I made this video is to "show the recoil" of the Taurus R/B, and that it can be shot with one hand,,,thats all.........

Have you looked at the numbers of the 454 Casull JPaulF? It has almost twice the power of the .44mag.

·
Banned
103 Posts
well if you missed at 25yrds,best keep firing ..mabe you shoot youself in the head an miss hearing your own skull crack..:)
never hunted the big ones an don t plan on it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I can't watch it since I'm on here from a droid . But if recoil was a problem why not just stick to 1200 ft lb and less loads . I like taurus though because the porting is great . If they sell that m44 blued I'm going to try and swing a rb 44 mag I mean its only 54$ more .

·
Registered
489 Posts
Then you are like your 454 like I do my 10 ga . **** I got my 12 yr ol cousin to shoot it and my lil brother who's 13 . I like big guns

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I had my raging bull in 454 Casull, it was like shooting a 44 magnum anyway, the recoil was about the same....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts