Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to find a place to by Winchester super x game load in bulk i have been looking online and all i can find is the cases for 250 rounds and im trying to find out if there is somewhere to get a bigger amount and if so where?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I don't know of a larger container. Years ago cases were 500rds, but with the rising cost of ammo, and the introduction of steel shot, cases were halved from 20 boxes to 10 boxes. You might find price breaks with more cases purchased or with a pallet purchase. Be sure to ask about quantity discounts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. another question

im using my shotgun to go dove hunting and shoot skeet
should i be using another kind of ammo?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Smaller shot sizes are typically used for dove and clay targets. Price wise, loads marked "Dove and Quail" are usually lower priced, and on sale just prior to hunting season. These loads will also work for skeet.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
thank you. another question

im using my shotgun to go dove hunting and shoot skeet
should i be using another kind of ammo?
Winchester Super X loads are "Promotional" quality and not top quality, They are fine for informal skeet and dove hunting, but not the quality needed for serious competition where one additional miss in a hundred targets can cost the match. So consider other brands if you find them on sale or with a rebate. Don't overlook imported brands such as Rio. If you get into competition you should seriously consider reloading. With the increasing cost of components, your cost will still approach the cost of promotional loads, but you can shoot shells at the quality level of competition grade loads (Winchester AA, Remington STS, Federal Gold Medal, etc.). Unfortunately components are also now in tight supply. The dealer from whom I buy my components said the domestically produced component supply was loosening, but those manufactured overseas are still in tight and almost impossible to get.

·
Registered
978 Posts
im trying to find a place to by Winchester super x game load in bulk i have been looking online and all i can find is the cases for 250 rounds and im trying to find out if there is somewhere to get a bigger amount and if so where?
Highly unlikely you being an end consumer because ORM-D products have weight limits, usually around 40 pounds. A case of 250 rounds of RIO slug (I know I have bought it before) just about pushes the end of the weight cut off. When I have shipped steel bird shot myself, (8) 25 round boxes was at the weight limit for FedEx home delivery, think it was 40#. I did have UPS ship about a 70-90# box of stuff to me before, but, I imagine the shipper paid through the nose.

With 12g rounds going for .50-$1 per round, there really isn't much call for a vendor to stock or ship a 70# > box/500 round box of ammo. Demand just is not there. But, the ORM-D weight limit would be the deciding factor for FedEx first, followed by UPS.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I don't recall the pricing, but ship by truck is fairly inexpensive. Delivery point is a consideration. I think it cost about $70 to have a pallet of clay birds delivered, weight was not an issue, just physical size. It might be worth looking into, even if it's scratched off the list of possibilities.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts