Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you are considering this pistol for any type of personal protection, DO NOT BUY IT!!!
I made the mistake of buying one. It came with 2 magazines. One magazine works, the other magazine follower wouldn't move past about 5 rounds and froze. It wouldn't move either way. I called Sig and the person I talked to told me to take the base plate off and tweak the follower. I told him I intended to carry this pistol both on and off duty and I expected a pistol that functioned properly without me having to tweak anything. He advised me to send the magazine back and they would decide if it needed to be replaced.
So I decided to buy another magazine. This one had the same problem as the last one. Again I have to send it back to sig to see if it will be replaced.
This should never happen with a company that claims to be so supportive of Law Enforcement.

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,144 Posts
This should never happen with a company that claims to be so supportive of Law Enforcement.
Supportive of, and makes a deal to sell to; aren't the same thing. ;)
Remember the Army 320 and the "Drop fire" mess, then after a few big news stories they offered a "voluntary" upgrade to the civilian version to make it match the contracted one?

Sorry you got a bad patch of magazines, doesn't any aftermarket company make an option for you?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not know if there are any after markey magazines but I doubt there are as it is a very new pistol. That said, I don't think I should have to buy after market magazines. Only one of the 2 that came with the gun work and I'm not sure I want to stake my life on it working.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Every company has a bad part every now and then. The 365 is an excellent weapon and should be considered by anyone looking for a carry gun. 1 bad mag doesn't ruin an entire company or product line. Grow up!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I carry mine daily and do trust my life to it. If it would have been available when I was a Deputy I probably would have carried it on duty also. Both mags and the gun have been utterly reliable, and I did separate the gun from the mags in my statement because it sounds like you had a bad mag and not a bad gun. I had two bad mags in a Ruger SR9 once, a call to Ruger and 3 days later I had 2 new mags and all has been right with it after about 950 rounds (so far).

Steve...........

·
Registered
284 Posts
Magazines tend to be fragile and need occasional tweaking. I have done this with a High Standard, a Ruger "Standard model", a Remington 581 and two of my AR mags. After being "tuned up" they work fine for years. I haven't had any trouble with my CZs yet but I am sure that one day I will have do some repairs.
I always thought that that was just part of the ownership of a removable mag. Come to think of it I also had to tweak my 03A3 magazine and it is fixed.

While I can understand the frustration you are feeling I will quote my mother, "If it's worth complaining about, it's worth doing something about." That kept me from complaining and I just learned to fix problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts