Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
502 Posts
I own a 250 in 9mm, now I wished that I got the 45 ACP version. I have not used any of the modular functions after the first week of having it. In my Sig collection, I have a P229 in 9mm and P220 in 45 ACP.

When I am working in my fields, I carry the P220, reliable, very accurate and the 45 ACP is a good round for pests.

SIGs are really good pistols, very dependable, very accurate, all of them. I am not a 45 ACP snoob, I do have several 9mm pistols, I just happen to like the P220, it has great performace and stopping power.

Jerry

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 220 and especially the older German-made ones are fantastic. I got my 250 in 9mm, liked it so much, bought the 40 upper and then wanted to get the 357 barrel to get the trifecta. I like the simplicity of it...no manual safety, takedown lever, etc. Just point and squeeze. Sig is really getting late about pushing out orders for the 250 and kits - they say it's due to a backlog in orders...but I'm sure there's a little foot-dragging going on as well.

·
Banned
502 Posts
SIG is about 9 month behind on their orders for the 250. Interchangeability is really a great idea, but I bought the 250 for the size and weight.

Way back when, I really did some great shooting with my 1911s, currently I have two Kimber Custom shop pistols at the moment along with a Ultra Carry II. I prefer the Brown Hi Power over many of the modern 9mm pistols, and I can go on and on, but the P220 is the best combat pistol I have ever owned or used. I carry my 220 while working on my farm, I have surprised a coyote, come across copper heads, gotten a few ground hogs and got to read the riot act to a "surveyor" that was on my land illegally. The surveyor didn't get shot, but he nearly filled his pants when he saw that pistol on my leg.

The P250 comes out when I am practicing on my range, when I go hunting on state land, I generally carry a smaller pistol concealed, it is legal here to do that when hunting if you have a CCW license. A few years back there was some crazy with a high powered rifle that was killing hunters. Here in Ohio hunting is generally restricted to shot guns, muzzle loader, pistols and bows. So I carry extra protection just in case.

The P250 is a great pistol, some good ideas are incorporated into the design, maybe in 5 years any problems will surface, but with SIG those problems will probably not exist. They make very fine pistols, BTW my first SIG was a P210-2.

Jerry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts