Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Sig Sauer p226 in 9mm today. It's my first pistol, and I wanted a good one. Fits me great as far as grips and balance but seems a bit large for a concealed carry, but I imagine I could make do. Does anyone else have said pistol? Can you recommend a way for concealed carry?

Haven't shot it yet but will when time permits.

·
Banned
655 Posts
I got one last summer. It's my first 9mm and my first DA/SA pistol. Like it so much, I bought a P220 to go with it this past weekend!

Yup, it's a bit large, but I carry it in a DeSantis skeleton holster under a shirt worn untucked and haven't been outed yet. That'll be a problem as Summer and lighter clothing come along, but that'd be true of any large frame pistol.

A Crossbreed Super Tuck http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/IWB/tabid/56/CategoryID/1/List/0/Level/1/ProductID/1/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductNamelooks like a good bet too, but I haven't spent the money to find out yet.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Almost got the p220 but opted for the p226 due to a price difference of nearly 400 bucks. The one I bought is a factory refurbished one, and I think I got a good price on it @ 597 for it and a box of ammo out the door. I hope I don't start collecting pistols like I have rifles. Own 2 shotguns and 9 rifles that honestly I can't say I need. The ones I bought I did because I thought they were cheap priced. Can't wait to shoot it.

·
Banned
655 Posts
Almost got the p220 but opted for the p226 due to a price difference of nearly 400 bucks. The one I bought is a factory refurbished one, and I think I got a good price on it @ 597 for it and a box of ammo out the door. I hope I don't start collecting pistols like I have rifles. Own 2 shotguns and 9 rifles that honestly I can't say I need. The ones I bought I did because I thought they were cheap priced. Can't wait to shoot it.
They ARE a little proud of new P220s , aren't they? :eek:

I got mine used from a private owner. Doesn't look like it's been shot much.

I hear ya on the collecting. This last 3-4 years have been the first time in a VERY long time I've had any "fun money" available, and I'm making up for lost time, both long guns and handguns. Didn't even realize I needed another .45 until I got that P226 and realized how handy DA is. :D

My stash of reloading equipment and supplies hasn't suffered any either...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts