Shooters Forum banner

Sig VS Norinco

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  pisgah 
#1 ·
I know, it seems funny, but I have a pal that has the Norinco 226 rip-off and he says it is all the gun a Sig 226 is. He compared his to a Sig, and says there is no difference. Please tell me the extra $1000 is worth it (and why).

I'm thinking:
- fit and finish
- reliability
- accuracy

He never said anything about accuracy, but he contested the other 2. Anyone shoot both?

#2 ·
First off, I don't think that I've ever seen a Norinco 226. But, I gar-an-darn-tee that the Norinco is not as good. The sigs are some of the best guns in the world. Now, the Norinco is possibly a very good gun. But, the Chinese are not known for their quality control and their guns are thought to be a little rough.

I also can tell you that if you put a 50 yard target up and shoot at it, I'll bet that you'll see a big differance.

Now, your comment about $1000....I do not understand it as the Sigs start at about $750 in my area and are cheaper if you buy a used one (which will likely outlast a new Norinco).

But, here is the big question, how much do you shoot a pistol? 100 rds a year? (no dif in the guns) 500 rds a year? (get the sig).

#4 ·
Cool, thanks guys. I've heard great things about Sigs so when he told me his Norinco was on par, I had to second guess him. It wasn't called a 226, but a model 54 or something. I didn't know they made a Sig rip-off either until he told me.

Stinky, I'm in Canada, so the prices are a little higher. We seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to things like that because even with the exchange, we're still paying more for the same products usually. :( However, being in Canada means we still import Norinco products, weather that's good or bad I guess depends. ;)

Here's the sites for the Norinco and the Sig:
http://www.marstar.ca/gf-norinco/index-hg-P22X.shtm
http://www.wholesalesports.com/stor...s=c0+c10+c101+c10106+b100085&sorter=price-asc

Ok, so not QUITE $1k, but close.

#5 ·
I've never seen one of those Norinco 58 in person and they may be a good firearm for the price. However, I can tell just by looking at the pic that the fit and finish is not as good as the Sig and I'm sure it will be even more apparent in person. Sig makes a darn fine handgun. They are very durable, reliable, and accurate (some of the most accurate non-custom guns available). I would like to shoot one of those Norincos just to see how good they are. For that kind of money I might buy one just to beat around with.

#6 ·
I have a Sig P220 45acp. There is very little if anything about this gun that I don't like. The quality is second to none with "most" any other production handgun. They were the leaders in my opinion in super ergonomic handguns. We used pick up other pistols in the store and then pick up a Sig and there was never any comparison in how it felt in your hand. The only thing I did to mine was to get rid of the slippery grips and add a Houge and also some Trijicon night sights.

#7 · (Edited)
I'm sure the Sig is "better" but it surprises many that the H&R/Marlin/Remmington Pardner pumps - essentially Remmington 870 clones - are more reliable and essentially a better gun for $200.00 than the 870 Express- the Pardners are made by "Hawk Industries" aka Norinco. The Pardners are absolutly reliable and worth every penny. I would not be surprised if the Norinco 226 is worth every penny as well. Better than the Sig I doubt it - as good as the Sig I doubt it - But possibly a good value - could be. Chi-Coms can make decent military guns. But it is sad to say that Remmington has lost pride in the production of the 870 Express.

#8 ·
Yeah, I totally think the Norinco products are great value. I'll be getting a Norinco 1911 when I'm done school. They are kind-of big up here. M14s, SKS, 1911, Sig, Hi-power, Torkarev, and lots of others for really cheap. Why not?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.