Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Holidays!

I am interested in the changes or modifications you may have made with the sights on your lever gun.

I have a new Marlin 1895 45-70 22" I have been shoting 400 gr JFP at 1800 fps (HSM rounds). At 100 yards they have been shoting about 6-8" low even with the elevator all the way to the rear. :( I would like this round to be dead on at 100 yards, and have the hotter round higher and whimpie rounds lower at 100 yards.

Any suggestions?

I have looked at these on the web:

The Lyman No. 2 Tang Sight:

Smith Buckhorn/Elevator:

Marbles:

Williams Fire Sight:

AO Sight Systems - Ghost Ring Sets:

Any Suggestions

Happy Trails -Tim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CEJ, Thanks for the info. I'll call Marlin.

The AO and the Full Buckhorns seems like they would work will close up? How do they work at 100 yards?

This is my first lever gun and I want to use iron sights. I have scopes on all my rifles but an old 22.

I also want to try to avoid using the tang sight.

How about fiber front sight or a taller front sight. The Factory front sight seems huge at 100 hards and covers a 8/15 11" target.

Thanks Everybody for the information. I'll keep every body posted on what I do.

Bitterroot

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CEJ, Thanks for the info. I'll call Marlin.

The AO and the Full Buckhorns seems like they would work will close up? How do they work at 100 yards?

This is my first lever gun and I want to use iron sights. I have scopes on all my rifles but an old 22.

I also want to try to avoid using the tang sight.

How about fiber front sight or a taller front sight. The Factory front sight seems huge at 100 hards and covers a 8/15 11" target.

Thanks Everybody for the information. I'll keep every body posted on what I do.

Bitterroot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts