Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sighted in my daughter's rifle tonite (pics)......

Took my daughter to the range tonite with about 15 minutes of useable light left. She shoots a Weatherby Vanguard Compact .308 with a 3-9 Burris on top.

I let her take the first 3 shots at 100 yards and they were a little scattered and some high. I know that her gun has shot 1/2 MOA at 100 yards before with this particular load. So I hurriedly took over and fired 3 more.

Then I moved the scope right a few clicks and down several. I fired another 3-shot string. The small orange bull I was aiming at is off the bottom of the pic. But you get the idea.

Yep. There's 3 shots in that hole. It measures .255" center-to-center. I'd have thought it was a fluke if I hadn't already seen the gun go 1/2" at the same distance. Incredible!!

I made my daughter swear that if she EVER wanted to part with the rifle.......I get first chance. <!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig -->

·
Registered
542 Posts
That's awesome! I was thinking of getting a Weatherby Vanguard in .22-250. I guess I don't have to ask what you think of the rifle. :p

·
Registered
488 Posts
That Weatherby Vanguard Compact was one of the models I have been looking at for my daugher (albeit in .243). Can I ask your daughter's stature and how the stock fits? My daughter is on the small side.

Great shooting and thanks for sharing.
Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts