Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have changed or modified the factory sights on your lever gun what you done?

I am interested in upgrading the factory sights on my new Marlin 1895 45-70 22".

With 400gr JFP at 1800 fps round, and the back recerver sight all they way done. I have shoting about 8" low a 100 yards. My goal is th changes the sights so this round is dead on a 100 yards. Hotter/flatter rounds will be higher and vise versa with whimpie rounds,

I have looked at the following:

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,235 Posts
I put a Williams peep sight on the receiver of my 336 (should be the same part number as for any of the flat-topped Marlins) and took the old rear sight off. Looks good, doesn't interfere with scope mounting if you use a Weaver rail with a little bit trimmed off the back, and gives plenty of up/down adjustment. Highly recommended! See Marshall's articles on the .444 for a picture of the setup.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Bitterroot - Check Marlin Talk on Marlin's web site. You will find a ton of information on who has tried what sight combinations on thier rifles and how they liked the results - good or bad. MikeG - think Williams has a different model number for the 1895's but I can't find it right now. Good sights! CEJ..

·
Registered
107 Posts
I put a Lyman 66LA receiver sight on my Marlin M1895 LTD-IV (24" octagon barrel) and a Williams wide .375" height 1/16" gold bead on the front sight (barrel dovetail). Made a HUGE difference in my accuracy (cut my 100 yard groups on half). The original bead was so wide I couldn't see a 8" diameter black bull at 100 yards! Odessa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts