Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Rem. Model 7 ss/syn .308 that I just recently had some work done on.I took it to a very reputable gunsmith that many I know have used and he has been doing this many years.I had a rear trigger guard screw replaced because the Model 7 trigger guard screws are hex head and had gotten wallowed out over time.He replaced it with a shorter screw he had on hand and if you look down from the top of the frame you can see the screw has a good way to go from being flush from the top.Will this still hold and be OK? or can I get a slotted screw somewhere that would fit a Model 7 that I could replace it with?

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
I have a Rem. Model 7 ss/syn .308 that I just recently had some work done on.I took it to a very reputable gunsmith that many I know have used and he has been doing this many years.I had a rear trigger guard screw replaced because the Model 7 trigger guard screws are hex head and had gotten wallowed out over time.He replaced it with a shorter screw he had on hand and if you look down from the top of the frame you can see the screw has a good way to go from being flush from the top.Will this still hold and be OK? or can I get a slotted screw somewhere that would fit a Model 7 that I could replace it with?
Try Midway: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=644847

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,026 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts