Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may already know about this cream..but in case you do not... it is wonderful stuff!

Put in on a burn, and the heat is gone...like RIGHT NOW! No blisters, pain gone, etc..

Forget ice, cold water bottles, etc.....get some of this cream.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
I learned about the uses of Silvadene the hard way. Yes, it is very effective and I imagine if I was interested in casting my own boolits, I would be sure to keep some readily available.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,100 Posts
Yup, keep some in my first aid kit that goes everywhere, especially to the deer camp!

Good stuff but you need a prescription. Next time at the doc's office, ask the MD to prescribe a tube for those times you're a long way from the ER out in the hunting fields....

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
If what your talking about is the same I've used in the past mine required a doctors perscription to obtain. I burned the palm of my hand against hot muffler on a combine while tightening hydraulic pump belts. Immediate submerssion in jug of ice tea and flying trip to doctors office forty miles away with it hurting like haddies only to have him smear it with silvadene place gauze bandage. Ten minutes later no pain and it healed without skin grafts, scars or other proceedures needed. Mircale stuff for sure!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Folks,

The key is to have Silvadene readily available....if you have to go get it somewhere, like the Emergency Room, it is waaaaaaay too late!

Yes it requires a prescription....if your Doctor will not give you one, he/she is a "Quack", not a Doctor.

·
Banned
502 Posts
I have some in my welder's first aid box, it does requir you to get a script from my doctor to buy some. There is one thing you have to know about the cream and your body, if you are allegic to Sulfa, you can't use this stuff.

Jerry

·
Registered
189 Posts
Workin around guys hauling sulfuric acid, it was the treatment of choice. I've seen skin burns on a neck looked like 3 - 4 drops ran down behind his face shield. Healed up w/ out needing any further treatment. I thought he was gonna need skin grafts -or- be scared forever. It is really good stuff!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Avail. from Amazon .com w/out a scrip.... I don't usually mention vendors, but I've had good exper. with them .

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
something else about burns....if you can get the burned area under cold running water for a couple minutes, DO IT IMMEDIATELY ! very important. it takes the heat out of the flesh underneath the burned area and will save the under-layers of hide. THEN apply the Silvadene. I too have had occasion to utilize it, to my everlasting edification .... GREAT STUFF !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts