Shooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after a great deal of ignorance was posted on it, I will start another. I posted that one to bring out the sort of baloney that it did. The same guys who "think' a 22 is "so dangerous" at 1/4 mile are the SAME guys who claim that a 223 will bounce off of them at 1/4 mile. Now, the hard jacketed, pointed, boattailed 223 starts with 10x the energy of the 22lr, and it still has more power left at 600 yds than a .22lr has at the muzzle. You can't have it both ways. I'll bet you a year's pay that I can stand there all DAY, with you DELIBERATELY firing at me with a .22lr rifle, at half a mile, and you'll be unable to hurt me.

It doesn't matter whether or not the military is using the Hornet or the 22. I'm showing you how full of it people are (who denigrate the 223). The 90 gr vld 223's still have the same 220 ft lbs of power left at 1000 yds that a 9x18 makarov has at 10 ft.

The "straighter up" you fire, the less range the rd will have (above 40degrees from horizontal) 80 or so years ago, General Hatcher proved that falling 3006 ball bullets were essentially harmless, because they merely dented 1" pine boards that he positioned over the belt-fed firing pits. He had a small island in a lagoon. The bullets fell base first. 50 bmg bullets did, however, pierce the wood, even tho base first.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
38,372 Posts
You are being a troll and deliberately stirring up crap. Do it again and you're banned. Hope that's not too subtle of a hint.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,225 Posts
Thought the previous thread and this one was posted strictly for pootie stirring.

Thanks for locking it, Mike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.