Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Beartooth Regular
2,212 Posts
Congratulations! Glad to hear the story had a happy ending.            IDShooter

·
Beartooth Regular
2,212 Posts
Hi everyone,
    I know this is kind of an old post but re-reading it got me to thinking about safety techniques. I reload on a single stage press mounted on the right side of my bench, and throw powder charges from the Uniflow mounted on the left. After my cases are primed I put them in the loading block mouth DOWN. Then as I charge each one I return it to the block upright. Then when I'm done charging cases I use my bore light and go down each row, looking in each case with the light.
    This method not only ensures that I get a charge in each case, it also helps prevent double charging because I only pick up the upside down cases when throwing powder. I realize many of you may already know this or use another method, but I thought it was still worthwhile to pass along.
      I don't know of a way to check your charges on a progressive unless you use one of the "powder checker" dies with the stem that protrudes from the top.
      I'm not uptight about many things, but I imagine it's pretty tough to learn Braille at my age so I try to keep my reloading practices dummy proof!    ID

1 - 2 of 2 Posts