Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who thinks that this software change is an "upgrade" should have their head examined. It wasn't broke but you tried to fix it anyway.
You turned a great site into a complicated mess.

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
10,452 Posts
Lots of little bugs still getting worked out Skip. I'm the least computer savvy ('cept for kdub) and I'm getting things sorted out as I go.

RJ

Reactions: Davers and kdub

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Howdy all just doing a test post .
I hope althis settles there is enough going on outside of my favourite forum .
I just hope I am not missing any thing , just been hitting the new button .
I figure it is the same as the old todays post button.

cheers .
P.s. I am trusting the change was for a good reason.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
At first I found this new feature sort of confusing. However: the more I visit this site, the more I like it. Just takes a little time to get use to this new feature, which took us all by shock.(y):)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I am getting more and more used to the new settings. Just found out about dark mode and like it much better. It is easier on the eyes. For most of us, it will take time to learn it all, just like getting a new phone or a new computer. I hate the learning, but usually like the newer versions once I get used to them. The only one that I still really hate is windows 7. Glad I got 8 on my new one and immediately got a free upgrade to 10. I think 10 is the easiest one that I've ever used.

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,160 Posts
Anyone who thinks that this software change is an "upgrade" should have their head examined. It wasn't broke but you tried to fix it anyway.
You turned a great site into a complicated mess.
Lets clear things up a little for you, and describe things correctly.

Your complaint is about esthetics, or the "look" and layout of the forum you see. That's a fair critique.
If you read through the FAQ, and explanatory threads in Beartooth operations, it's quite easy to navigate even if the "look" isn't to your liking. Perhaps that will help you.

The software change in fact is an upgrade, the previous system was broken in many ways.
Those of us who volunteer to keep the wolves on the other side of the door, had a daunting task. Because of broken functions and lack of updates, keeping them on that side was a "one at a time, after the fact, mostly temporary" affair.
With the software upgrade, it's worlds easier to catch and permanently stop them without having to always be online.

Cheers

·
Registered
488 Posts
Plenty of forums are going to this format. Short answer - it’s great once you’re used to it...takes about two/three days. Life is all about change (hopefully for the better) and this is an upgrade, functionally and visually. Those who don’t like it are free to complain and to leave if they can’t stand it. My vote, based on experience with five different forums using the same platform, I like It.

BTW, my head was “examined” last month and was found to be just fine!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
If the upgrades make the site safer...I'm all for it. It might take a bit to get used to, but I think i'll live.

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,160 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,215 Posts
This format is sure easy to attach files and pics. I haven't seen a Photograficus Giagantist yet in the new format, so hopefully that's taken care of by the software.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Photos are easier to attach and since I have ad blocker plus. I see no adds . Heck I was even able to post an avatar with 1 click. More you use it easier it gets.(y)

·
Premium Member
14,215 Posts
Avatar? Maybe I need one of those, too. Ooops! I just found the smiley button. Now I know how Cher (and the trained to read monkeys) writes messages. o_O:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Lots of little bugs still getting worked out Skip. I'm the least computer savvy ('cept for kdub) and I'm getting things sorted out as I go.

RJ
Updating the technology is fine, but you didn't need to completely change the format at the same time. I can't find anything, and as a former computer professional, I'm more savvy than average when it comes to figuring this stuff out. I personally didn't see anything wrong with the old setup. Everything worked. New doesn't always mean better, and in fact, most of the time it isn't.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well, I used to have to re-log on every half hour and it's keeping me logged in over days now. Just for fun I'm going to try to post a photo here now:

Busteed Pronghorn 2008.jpg

That was easy, but that pic was pretty small. Let's try a bigger one:

IMG_9958.JPG

Wow, that was just as easy and that's a big file. No more need to resize!
Consider me sold on the new site (and I was a little grumpy too when I first saw the new format.)

Thanks to all those who made it happen.
Rex

·
Registered
172 Posts
Now I'm looking at it in Dark Mode and might get to like that too. I be it's better for the life of my screen.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Staying logged in is a function of how you have things set up. I was logged in on the old system for months at a time, under Windows and Firefox, then Chrome. Never had any issues. But I'm objecting mainly to the format of the new software. It is completely different, and difficult to find anything with.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts