Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '55 model 94 and want to get sling swivels and a sling for it. What do you recommend and sources? Much obliged for any help.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,965 Posts
Uncle Mikes - either direct or most any online supplier.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Uncle Mikes - either direct or most any online supplier.
I have a box full of Uncle Mikes stuff. Always works for me.

The hardest part is locating the right spot on the rear stock, and getting the hole centered and square with the correct drill bit. Be a shame to bugger up a '55 in good shape.

Reactions: JBelk

·
Premium Member
14,557 Posts
When you drill holes in a pre-64 Winchester be sure to be in a lightning-proof shelter. ;)

Reactions: TMan

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I have a Pre 64/94, and I wanted to mount a sling.

After a long session of thoughtful consideration, I bought a set of unfinished stocks from Brownell's, and spent much time fitting them to the metal. I used an Uncle Mike's clamp on for the front sling mount. (I also developed a lot of respect for the Winchester stock guys that did the original fitting). I found it way more challenging than any bolt action effort I've completed. But it came out nice, and looks like I knew what I was doing. I worked on it for several weeks.

The originals are in a box. I just couldn't bring myself to drill away.

Not a fast solution, but a good compromise.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I like the Brownell Latigo sling, if that's what you mean. It may not be the most suitable for a Model 94, I suppose.

·
Registered
173 Posts
What sights do you have on it and what style of hunting do you do?
if peeps or higher and are a still hunter on your feet, i recommend the 'safari style' sling that hangs over your shoulder with the gun ready right at your front belly. it's super fast and always in the ready position. i've used that style for 25 years and would never use another style now.
good luck
CJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts