Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal, I just picked up a Husqvarna lightweight for $200 it has a 20 1/2" barrel it's ok but I'm not fond of short tubes on small bore guns. Figured here was a chance to try a slower than the usual 1in10 .270. I have ordered a stainless 26" fluted barrel in 1in12" twist to use 130s and maybe short 140s. Is there anyone out there who has been down this road before? I would like any info available. Haven't thought about it much but I may work to maximum levels in the standard chamber then run in a Ackley reamer and do the same, then run in a .280 Ackley body reamer to bump the capacity a bit more. The way this sounds I may have to buy more powder and bullets isn't that a shame.

Hope you all can help

Good hunting
    Lynn

·
Beartooth Regular
2,141 Posts
LIB,
    I'm not sure what real advantage you'll gain by using the slower twist, though it probably won't hurt anything either. I can't imagine overstabilization being a serious problem in a hunting rig  and some tests I've read about indicate that a marginally slow twist increases the effects of deflection on any given bullet.
    I certainly agree with the longer tube! It'll be interesting to hear what kind of results you get. Keep us posted.             IDShooter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts