Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks for the help locating this recipe MikeG. Maybe others would like to try this during what's left of the holiday season. I plan to do it tomorrow. Got 4 trout thawing out right now. The only thing I didn't see was what type of wood is preferred for this. I'll likely just use hickory but apple might be good too.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The wood used probably doesn't make that much difference in this recipe. I used hickory since that's what I got when I grabbed a bag in the garage. I also can't tell much difference in what gets added to the water pan either, despite what the recipe book says. I've settled on using pain ole water.

I tried your recipe. My guests were impressed even though I smoked the fish a little longer than desired. When they tried the cracker and bleu cheese method they went ape over it. Didn't have any dark beer on hand. Had to settle for domestic. Also had to substitute chipotle for the liquid smoke since I didn't have any of the latter.

My compliments on the recipe. I've got a few more trout in the freezer and you can bet I'll do this again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts