Shooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok it's time .. how about that snow .. and what went wrong With it .. like downed trees and limbs. And a cracked water line somewhere in this 400 yrds from here to the meter . It will take all day to clean up this mess .. suuure is pretty though. . and a week to find the leak
Sky Snow Plant Branch Shade

·
Registered
670 Posts
They are calling for a pretty bad snow/ice storm to hit North Carolina on Monday. Hopefully it's all snow but we generally get sleet and freezing rain and it shuts us down for a few days. Maybe ours will be as pretty as yours.

Darin

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Ha Ha Ha. You a good buddy, and I hate to laugh at your post. You been to my house and know I live only about 2 miles SOUTH of you. Still we got at least 2X as much snow as you did. Glad I didn't post a pic of ours because you'd want to repost my picture OVER that one you posted!!!! :) Only reason that I haven't done it before I started ragging you is because I WAS TOO BUSY RUNNING (and you know why I was running) to even take any let alone POST ANY!!! Now you know this is posted in fun and I'm not serious at all (That part is to make sure board members know I am not just trying to start a fight) but after seeing that (and knowing that I didn't have any to even post) I was so jealous of those pics you took I couldn't pass up posting this. To any here that really have the truth. I do live SOUTH of the OP, Happily much farther that 2 miles. I only said "HAPPILY" only because if we actually 2 miles apart our wives may as well be widows cause poster and I may LIVE in whoever's shop is biggest and best. OP has been in mine, so far I've just heard of his and already know we'd live in His because I know mine has nothing that two "GUN NUTS" have to spend that much time forming wildcat brass, reloading etc to leave beautiful wives for:) I almost forgot the only other truth in MY RESPONSE....................... We actually did get 2X the snow. (Loved that much snow with the added benefit of not being out in roads) This post is too long to tell here why roads dry. You can only know that if you live in snow country and still have snow and dry roads. I try to post short things and this is way to long. This is to anyone that may get mad at my response. The OP will know that all this is JOKING with him (I could have PMed him but I posted it in fun so anyone could join in the fun) My luck been running real bad and I really could use a laugh. ONLY ONE here really knows why............................... so if I pay a penatly here for stirring up some fun SO BE IT!!!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Meanwhile, here in Central NYS, where we get lake effect and nor’easters, we have not got more than 3 or 4” yet this year. That said, Monday’s storm is predicted for 7”. Last year, we got dumped with 30” before Christmas and most years we get at least one thirty+ incher. We get up to 200” a year. And even all that is better than any ice storm.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Meanwhile, here in Central NYS, where we get lake effect and nor’easters, we have not got more than 3 or 4” yet this year.
2022 has begun strange for us weather wise. We don't get much snow this early (especially not big ones which in NONE to some of you much farther north or northwest) We got our best in the above text. Plenty for the kiddos to play in, while the roads were safe to drive on. (It's been far to warm for the ground to get cold enough yet. Snow melts as soon as it hits roads) That is both great and bad for driving...................... as there can be ice patches as snow melts and then freezes in shade. Easy to drive, but still must be alert for ice. Most people that have problems simply want to drive TOO FAST!!!!

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
This morning's weather is calling for 5-8" in Nashville. After last week's storm that caused massive traffic issues, hopefully more folks will stay off the roads. And, good timing for a Monday holiday too.

We have no travel plans for the weekend so it can do whatever it wants.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
This morning's weather is calling for 5-8" in Nashville.
Kinda hate to hear that TN. My daughter, Grandkids and I have to go through Nville on the way to Lexington (I guess. didn't look at a map, but I think that we got to go through there) Anyway, we will be in her 4 wheel drive and I have learned how to drive in anything that TN can throw at us. Still feel a whole lot better if we could go at sunny and 72 degrees!!! Gotta make sure them grandbabies are safe!!!!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
We got hit with a 72 hr white out over Christmas. When it stopped blowing and snowing I had drifts up to 5 ' around here.
First time in 7 yrs I had to call for equipment. Since then we haven't had anymore significant snowfall.
A picture from my shop looking towards the house, And one from opening the front door. Took the grader operator an hr just to open 200' of the driveway.
Azure Building Slope Snow Stairs
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Ecoregion Snow
Snow Vehicle Plant Asphalt Slope
Snow Sleeve Slope Font Hat

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
You in trouble now Jimboro......................................... 7MMs pics are even better than yours!!!!! Much more snow than WE got. I Can see NO footprints or tracks in it either!!!! (I don't think your pic had tracks in it either, but 7MM still had more that us!!!)
Thanks to all for your posts, likes and haha's. I really need to have a little fun right now. (Only God and 1 member on this board knows why)

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,085 Posts
We've been in the low 70's for the past 3 weeks and the forecast is for at least another 2 weeks. Unfortunately, a gipped up back is keeping me from the range in all this fine weather.

Reactions: jimboro

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
11,665 Posts
Chain up butter cup!

In all seriousness, places that don't usually get (much) snow and cold, it's hard on the infrastructure, critters and people. When you're not used to something it's a hard blow.

Hope you can tough it out.

RJ

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
Kinda hate to hear that TN. My daughter, Grandkids and I have to go through Nville on the way to Lexington (I guess. didn't look at a map, but I think that we got to go through there) Anyway, we will be in her 4 wheel drive and I have learned how to drive in anything that TN can throw at us. Still feel a whole lot better if we could go at sunny and 72 degrees!!! Gotta make sure them grandbabies are safe!!!!
Snow expected Saturday evening through Sunday evening. Looking at mostly rain Saturday, day. Good Luck! (y)

Reactions: jimboro

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Snow expected Saturday evening through Sunday evening. Looking at mostly rain Saturday, day. Good Luck!
Don't mind much. If it gets too bad, at least we've got a vehicle that should handle it. Only thing I'm worried about is that it is my daughters NEW 4 wheel drive truck. She kinda knows how to drive in snow (I'm the one that taught her that, as we got maybe a dusting of snow every 10 years of snow..................... but it is usually short sleeve weather year round in New Orleans!!!! :) I taught her way after we moved to Tn. (and that was ONLY after I DANGEROUSLY learned how to drive in it myself) One of the best and MOST DANGEROUS ways to learn snow is to work in a service related company where you only had 2 wheel drive and could NOT stay home. I don't even remember the Old mailman thing "thru rain, sleet and snow................ the mail gets delivered, but in our branch of the service most of us Techs could teach the most seasoned mailman how to drive in bad weather!!!
At least if it got really bad, they would let us ride two to a truck until weather got better. It was during one of those 2 man rides that I found out how USELESS chains COULD be............ Ice had melted from roads (roads dry) Going down highway at only 1/2 speed limit (experience driver told the boss chains were now useless) Chain broke at 1/2 speed and beat the side of the truck to death before we could get safely off road to take chain off. Driver threatened with suspenison from Much higher bosses................................. That's what happens in a very big company where the employees try to tell much higher ups that sometimes you can't do what is actually safe. (by the way I forgot. The reason I fear is that if I have to ride through Nashville with my LEAD FOOT daughter with ICE on the roads.............................. I'm gonna tell her just drop me and both Grandkids off at my Son's house) also lives in Nashville and we would find a way home after the ice was gone from roads!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
One last post and I've got to try and quit FOR NOW. I pretty much explained in my first post that I needed to have a little fun. I've had more fun with this text than any other I've been involved in on this board, I've lost count of how many others have joined in the fun. So I just wanted to say again to ALL................................ Thanks for the smiles and laughs cause I needed that!!!!! Been dropping hints all along as why I needed it.............................. so one last hint: If anyone really wants to know the reason....................... Rule #1 You have had to been married at least once in your lifetime. I wanted to give rule #2 but that would totally give the reason away. I think I've dropped enough hints that many guessed already. If you want to know for sure PM me and I will at least tell you if you are right or wrong. (Playing this little game is to me a way to have just a little way of having fun and not leaving anyone "Hanging without and answer" Thanks again all

1 - 15 of 15 Posts