Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went to the range yesterday and put a few hundred round through my Ruger mark III 22/45, and just wanted to see what you guys though of these groups all are refrenced in scale to a coke cap, I don't think there that good, but I was dealing with a mostly black target with just black ironsights, hopefully I can get a weaver base and put my red dot on there soon.

all targets about 20-30 feet away

First one is sighting in with federal ammunition

This one is a small group I made in the lower corner after sighting in

These two are the CCI mini mag groups I made

and the last is back to federal, the very last one was just me having fun

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,141 Posts
Practice, practice, practice.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Yep, you've got the tool, now to work on the operator! You're doing good though. I have MKIIIs with irons and with a red dot, I prefer the red dot for quick target acquisition.

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
Looks to me like you had much fun doing that.

I think you did some good shooting! Get er ready for the next outing now!

Cheezywan

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cleaned her up today... hmmm I guess it's a good time I give her a name isn't it? I don't see what everyone is complaining about the disassembly process on the 22/45

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Some people just refuse to look at the directions... thats all... :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's not even that hard without them if you just look at the hammer strut pin and know it has to engage on that cup in the bolt stop pin. other than that its just keeping the hammer in the right orientation.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looks like your having fun. ; ) your on the right track. get your distance measured out to 50ft. When I used to shoot competitive bullseye with open sights I used to set the entire 3in black bull of the bullseye target on top my sight picture that is how I have both the smith model 41 and the National match 45 zeroed with open sights. I have a heavy 4 3/4 barrel mkII that I had trigger work done on and could almost best the 41.

Take a little more time. maybe a few more targets.. (it is fun shredding one though) and really work on precise sight alignment on every shot until you are calling them. After a some practice you should be able to make the middle of that 3in bull disappear.

Ah the days when I was given more ammo in a month then I could shoot, and still have ammo left

Good shooting
GF

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I'm not sure were GF got his, but sponsored shooters often get ammunition or components for free. I know several sponsored shooters and I was sponsored for a season of USPSA.

·
Registered
330 Posts
As part of a competitive marksmenship program we were required to shoot not only in practice but on our own almost daily. Now it may sound like a dream come true but on the road more weekends then I can remember I learned alot quickly. (I was also away from a young family) I enjoyed shooting at Camp Perry and managed to earn leg points often enough to stay competitive. After two years I had to stop as the time commitment was to much. I was typically given around 2000 rds ball 22, several hundred rounds of eley 10X 22, and around 500 - 800 rounds of .45ball monthly for my own practice on top of regular practice. I had a permanent open sore on my right hand from the rack grade .45 I practiced with. The National match .45 was nothing short of incredible that we were required to shoot for bullseye. This was over 15 years ago so I have no idea if the ammo flows as freely. If your single and no commitments great. I learned more abt shooting in 6 months then I had in a life time.

GF

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You know, I was thinking about competative shooting and getting sponsored eventually if I ever got good enough, but I don't think I would want to be away from my family or my job if i actually do land that dream weapons engineering position. ... although after the mark III I think the .22 market has seen it's holy grail. Now if only a 9mm version of the Mark III existed. or a .45

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
looks like mabe a hundred or so rnds went through that biggest hole..
believe id change targets more often .. lol.had fun though didn t you..
thats what matters most i guess.slim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts