Shooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
So you are a Newbie, check this out

Newbies welcome to the forum. Rules are simple, be nice and join in. Here's some things we'd like you to read and think about.

Stickies: Please read the Stickies, they are notes at the head of the forums that can give you some guidance and updates on the particular forum your reading or want to post on. Such as the rules for using a forum like the trading post. We encourage you to read the stickies.

Questions on bullets, guns, shooting and hunting?

Before you ask a question you might want to check our forums to see if perhaps your question has already been discussed. There is a powerful search function available and years of gun, reloading and hunting data available for your edification.

What is my gun worth?
Often folks that join our forum do so to find out what their rifle/pistol or shotgun may be worth and their first question is I've got a nice 1954 Winchester 94 in 30-30 caliber and I would like to know what it's worth. This is probably a question that you should do some research on in places that sell guns like you have rather than on the shooting forum.

Most of us here including the moderators are not folks that evaluate or appraise guns. Though we may own similar guns they may have been purchased over the past 30 to 50 years or the day before yesterday from the fella next door for 50 bucks. I know few folks that wouldn't like to get a bargain. I'd also like to point out that firearms may be worth more in some parts of the country than in others.

Our members and moderators can help you with proper loading techniques, bullet selection, disassembly, assembly and some minor repairs, but appraisals are not something we do on a day to day basis. We would be glad to discuss hunting, shooting and reloading, but please seek out qualified appraisers to value your firearm.

I'm going to give several gun sales websites that you can go to along with a gun appraisal site on the West Coast that can give you a real world evaluation of what your gun might be worth. Keep in mind that for an accurate appraisal you really need to have your rifle looked at by someone who does this for a living. Just a description of your firearm and even a photo is not really enough to give us the ability to give you an idea of it's actual value. Another place to check is The Blue Book of Gun Values Available at most gun stores and some libraries.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/

http://www.gunbroker.com/

Appraisals West Coast

http://orcasoutfitters.com/page3.html

·
Registered
109 Posts
Other than the one gimmiedat who expects all of you boys to do things for him, this looks like a good forum with mostly adults here. I love all of the different threads and discussions going on all over the place. I think I'm gonna like it here.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,029 Posts
Yes - we have some very talented and experienced folks here and we strive to act like adults when posting and/or answering posts by others.

Welcome to the board and enjoy the discussions.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Grammer? Oh, the good "Dr" is from "Centtral" FL...that explains it. :)

Reactions: Darkker
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.