Shooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'am a newbie also, like to say thanks to all of you guys for a grate forum you built here with a lot I mean a lot of priceless info.

Thanks Andrey.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Great site! Tons of info. More wildcat building going on out there than I ever imagined! I like guns and hand loading a stuff but feel like a boy among men here for sure. Going to have to check out the book section to see what I can find on the real science of this stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
By looking at the last post date...I'm the newest newbie. I hope I can answer as many questions as I can ask. I have been hunting northern New England for about 40 years now and every year I see something in the woods that makes me laugh thanks to Mother Nature, I guess that's what keeps me going back out there every year. I am new to reloading, been doing it for 10 years and still learn something every time I sit at my bench. I'm always trying a new caliber. I would like to share what limited know how I have with anyone out there. I'm very new to posting on any site so....I'll do my best. Thanks to all for doing what you do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
HI and thank you

Hi Im new to the forum, But not to shooting and rifles , I took a ten yr break from rifles and shoots.

Im hopein I can find answers to some questions

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I'm new to this site I got a question for y'all thow I'm looking to buy a rifle something long range single shot lever action with a range of 500 yards minimum open sight and still have plenty of knock down power but the only thing I can find don't even have a range over 250 yard what calleber and rifle would I need for this ????? I like a challenge and range when hunting

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sticky this in general

I looked around for awhile in general to look for rules of posting. This would have been nice to have read before I posted anything. Sticky this in general permanently on the top. Or put a brief section in your terms of use. Guests cannot post things so if it was in there it would be on them for not reading. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Other than the one gimmiedat who expects all of you boys to do things for him, this looks like a good forum with mostly adults here. I love all of the different threads and discussions going on all over the place. I think I'm gonna like it here.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,773 Posts
Yes - we have some very talented and experienced folks here and we strive to act like adults when posting and/or answering posts by others.

Welcome to the board and enjoy the discussions.

·
Super Moderator
8,653 Posts
nohandz .... welcome aboard. Primarily be friendly, stay off politics if you can ...difficult I know in todays environment .. join in as and when you like. Your new, so everyone will appreciate that. You cannot post photos, use the trade side of the forum, put on an avatar etc., until you have 25 contributions and at least ten days as a member.
You could start off by outlining what interests you have in shooting and that could go in the 'General' slot. If you want to put in a new thread then look down the subjects and try and choose where it will fit ..eg a mechanical problem with a gun ... then go into 'Gunsmithing' a hunting experience in 'Hunting', something about where you live and hunt ... 'Neck of the woods' etc etc. Hope this helps you settle in.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,071 Posts
Welcome from across the pond, nohandz. We have a topic for you Aussies if you hunt there (scroll farther down in the forum topics).

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys
ive got a 340 weatherby its a howa/japan made in 1985 it has not been fired 30 times but what my thought to rebarrel it to shoot a subsonic bullet i would like to to go larger than .375....the only reason i want to do this with this gun is the gigantic magazine cut the brass down and have a very long bullet with a good balistic coeficent...i already know my spelling sucks so you dont need to tell me about it...its just such a nice rifle it shot a 1and 1/8 group at the factory one flyer with a 1/2 inch pair....i could just sell it to buy what i want i dont know what do you guys think....

·
Registered
438 Posts
What a load of rubbish newbies get treated like dirt by the bullies on this forum especially if you have some knowledge , and I am expected to be nice while being put down in every thread . In one day my ignore list went from 0 to 7 . You should be telling all the members to be nice not just the newbies .
I don't know how long I will last on this forum actually I don't care because I don't need any advice from anyone as I have been doing my own everything with guns for the last 51 years but I do like to help people solve problems but certain trash on this forum are intimidated by anyone who knows as much as they do and they want you gone . They will probably succeed as they gang up on people but it will be the forums loss not mine as I don't need to ask any question . All forums seem to run about the same the trash get to stay and spread their bull sh*t and decent people get banned. You know on my Australian forum all Americans are treated with respect it's about time we got some back.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.