Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a way to make the gate a little easier to push on the 1895. It makes loading really time consuming and the extreme pressure causes me to jam my rounds into it and ruins the blue-ing

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Greg; You can file the back side flat of the arm (the side that faces "in" towards the interior of the action), that seats in the receiver to thin it out a bit......that will decrease the tension. A word of caution...do not grind (create heat), or the piece will loose its temper and fail to "spring" back.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
If your not familiar with the assembly/disassembly of your rifle, it would be best to let a gunsmith do it.

·
Banned
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks alot for the advice thats one thing I love about this forum is that people are friendly and very helpful, i've been doing some research based on what you said. seems like alot of people do this. I don't know why marlin makes them so **** stiff!! they should make it a little bit looser!!

·
Banned
21 Posts
Greg: 30 yrs ago I complained to Marlin about the 1895 loading gate and told them they should make it a hinged gate. See where that got me... they haven't changed. I dislike shaving brass every time I shove a round in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Theres an easier way without filing anything. Next time you take your levergun apart you will notice you can push the loading gate in so far it will touch the other side of the reciever. Pushig it in and applying some pressure thus weakens the spring a bit. I do it to all of my Marlins and iy works like a charm. Give it a try.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.