Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Beartooth Regular
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry to pass along the link shown below, only because I really love Smith & Wessons and had high hopes the new owners were once again a part of the fold. It would appear otherwise from this exchange between columnist Vin Suprynowicz and no less than the president of the company, Gary Giudice.

Well I was planning on a .45 Colt Bisley anyhow.

As always,

Bill

http://www.lvrj.com/cgi-bin....63.html

·
Banned
738 Posts
Well, I guess the personal boycott of S&W is still on.  This article you posted the link to, and the part of S&W's own web site that showe the stupid key lock security device on the revolvers just make me want to barf.
We are being lied to.  And for the most part the sheeple in this world don't know it, or don't care.
I doubt that the Bush administration would stop S&W from backing out of the "agreement".  
My feelings are that the S&W owners are flat lying.
I guess I will continue purchasing older (non redesigned firearms) and forget the newer ones.
J Miller

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the S&W info. I haven't bought any S&W guns, new or used, since that stupid agreement. Yeah, they can rescind the agreement at any time that they choose. Makes you wonder why they haven't? It would be a big selling point for sales.

·
Banned
738 Posts
Bill,
Read the article you posted the other day, and took your pole today.  
Loved the results.  Either yes they would buy S&W's, or no they (I) wont.  No undecided.  Love it.

And, not out of spite really, but I am considering trading my two S&W's for a Ruger Redhawk in .45Colt.  Just to standardize and get much more durable guns.  The Redhawk will still be shooting when the 25-5 is a worn out relic.

·
Banned
40 Posts
Last August,while taking my wife to Boston for medical tests,we stopped at the S & W plant to  tour it. We were told that all public tours have been suspended till further notice due to the new ownership. Every one I talked to were optamistic that every thing would return to"normal".(boy were they fed a line of crap)
The security guard was very helpful directing us to the range and retail store several blocks away and furnishing written material.
Like J.Miller, I feel the same about the new owners and I've bought my last newer model S&W product.

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Bill,

Thanks for the link;  Very enlightening, but not too surprising.  Too bad the subject of gov't contract guns wasn't brought into the dialogue...

A good read!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Banned
738 Posts
Courious how there has been over a hundred people view the "buy or not buy" S&W pole, but only 20 actually vote.
Comon guys vote darn it.

·
Beartooth Regular
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe many of those of folks checking back to see how the poll is going. Each time they are counted as annother viewer. In my case I've returned to the poll five or six times. But there are probably some who have voted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm afraid that I'm a little more gun-literate than computer literate. I looked at the poll and wanted to vote but couldn't figure out how to do it.
I would like to register a firm NO vote despite the fact I own more Smith's than any other brand of any kind of firearm. I simply will not purchase another.
Having said my piece, would someone put some instructions on the vote page for me? Based on the low vote count I just may not be the only one who can't seem to figure it out but I'm the only one who has admitted my ineptitude.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,425 Posts
BigAl,

Maybe it 'thinks' that you already voted.  I believe that the polls are set up for one vote per person, and somehow it may be confused.... don't know for sure.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
<!--QuoteBegin--J Miller+Feb. 11 2002,19:18--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (J Miller @ Feb. 11 2002,19:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->Courious how there has been over a hundred people view the "buy or not buy" S&W pole, but only 20 actually vote.
Comon guys vote darn it.[/quote]
Jay,
I have all the pistols that I want;I'm not a potential buyer. My vote would be "no" for sentiment,but it has no value.
There may be others like me.
Frank

·
Beartooth Regular
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Big Al,

Mike may well be right. Have you already voted? It is most definitely set up to accept one vote per forum member. You can go back and see how the results are going after that, hence the high number of viewers vs. number of voters. I've checked it again many times myself after casting the first vote.

The actual voting process is simple. Just click on the blank dot to the right of your choice. Itshould go blacl. Then Press the button marked "Vote." It is probably cookies-dependent, so be sure your browser is set to have them on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts