Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I use the NEW bubble @ the top of the forum page a lot. Lately I habe noted several "oddities" in the listing that I had already read. Today this appeared in my listing & it doesn't appear new to me. Maybe because someone added the note about it being an old thread? Or a glitch in the program? Sorry for the screen shot but I haven't mastered the Quote function yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I went back & looked at the thread "Introduction" several times. The post(?) in NEW says Pudfark commented 10 hrs ago, but I do not see his post. ????

It is prolly me. But just in case cause you can't see the whole address in the screen shot, here it is (copy & paste).

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I'm pretty sure I've never commented on that thread. I will say I've read a lot of old threads and have resisted the temptation to perform CPR on them. ;)

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
9,355 Posts
Hi,
I use the NEW bubble @ the top of the forum page a lot. Lately I habe noted several "oddities" in the listing that I had already read. Today this appeared in my listing & it doesn't appear new to me. Maybe because someone added the note about it being an old thread? Or a glitch in the program?
The note about it being an older thread was added a while ago to all old threads..... Because if someone isn't capable of reading the painfully obviously posted dates, or that the person they are quoting is long ago banned; another painfully obvious warning will solve the problem, right? 🙄😉😉

So, let's say Bob resurrected a zombie thread, in a forum you don't normally look at. So even if you have logged-in several times since that original posting. When you happen to hit the "New" button, it shows everything "new" since your last login that you have not yet read.
So, let's say you do just that. And as you are making your way through catching up upon the various threads since you were last here, but before you get to that specific thread. One of the staff happens to come along.
Clearly we're going to notice Bob forgot his big boy pants, and is pretending he can't read dates again, or the warnings, or the stickies; and so we clean things up.
Now you finally get to the thread, only to find it was exactly as it had been for the past almost 20 years.

Specifically to whom you think last replied, let's stick with picking on Bob. Bob resurrected said thread, and a couple people responded to him. You won't see whom resurrected it, simply that it was last posted to by.... Again, once we've cleaned up the mess, you see what you've always seen for the past 20 years( had you been paying attention to such zombie threads😉).

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts