Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 24 year old son was home over the Holidays and as usual, we spent one afternoon at the range. As always, I took the Browning M71 .348...just to keep my eye sharp.

My son has shot this rifle a number of times with poor accuracy, on his part.

As we were preparing to return home, I decided to fire one last shot with the 71, off hand at 100 yd. The target was an NRA 100 yd small bore rifle target. That last shot went into the X ring just off the bottom of the left foot of the "X".

My son's response was, "You always do that. No matter how well or how bad you shoot all afternoon, you always put that last shot in the X ring with that .348" said with more than a little exasperation. ;-)

He can't seem to shoot a 1 inch group at 50 yards, much less hit the X ring at 100. ;-)

Life is good.
J.D.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Recently my son-in-law came over to sight in his 10/22 with new scope. We had some tin cans at 110yds from a previous days shooting. I have been practicing with my Ruger 77/22 and Burris benchrest scope on them. I fired the first shot offhand at one and rolled it. Put the gun away and helped him sight in at a more reasonable 50 yards. He left still shaking his head at me.

Can't let these wet eared kids up on you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Experince and expertise

Old age and treachery. I like that. ;)

I chalk it up to more than a couple of years competing in high power rifle matches. Not to mention the excellent training I recieved during that time. :rolleyes:

My son keeps trying to out shoot me with rifle and pistol, but can't quite do it. Shotgun is another story. I haven't shot trap in a long, long time.
Gotta break out the L.C., buy some shells and birds and get to the range. :eek:

J.D.

·
Registered
238 Posts
J.D. Well at least you'll never have to worry about that 71 disappearing out the back door when your not around! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts