Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides Barnes and Honady, who makes a .348 bullet?  I'd like to try some cast, but don't make my own and can't find a good reliable source.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Muleskinner,
As far as jacketed goes, another manufacturer is Hawk. Good selection of weights. They are made without cannelures, Hawk recommends the use of the Lee Factory crimp die. There are a few other manufacturers as well.(A good reading of the ads in Handloader may be revealing of the smaller outfits.)As far as cast bullets are concerned, ask Marshall! I thought i read a thread awhile back with reference to Beartooth .348's
Scott in Vermont

·
Registered
88 Posts
Almost forgot,
If you are in need of an "M" type case expander for the .348 case, e-mail Mike G. of these forums. He made a dandy one for me.
Scott

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Scott,

We've got a good .348-245g LFNGC bullet for your gun!  Can size .348,.349,.3495,or .350" as dicated by your bore and throat diameters.

All accounts received are of excellent accuracy.

Here's the link to the bullet:

http://www.beartoothbullets.com/bulletselect/display.php?catagory=14

Should fill the bill for a great cast bullet in your gun!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Banned
32 Posts
Hope he doesn't have the Browning replica like I do since that nice bullet doesn't fit. I'd like to use it but the next work I have done on it will be to rebarrel to .411/.348. I know it's a low priority, but how about a .348 225gr.LFNGC for us Browning shooters, Marshall? Well, just a thought.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
41fan,
You're right about that nice bullet not fitting my rifle.  Why on earth would anyone make a bullet that's too long for the only rifle ever chambered for that caliber?  There can't be that many rebarreled .348 single shots out there.

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Gentlemen,

Good question, and one with a simple answer!  I designed that bullet and had the mold cut BEFORE the Browning/Mikuru Jap remakes came on the market!  The original Winchester 71's had longer throats, and the bullet is a glove fit for the chamber/throat.  The new Browning 71's are short throated just like every other Mikuru made "Winchester" they produce.

I'm sorry for the confusion, as I didn't realize that you were working with one of the new guns!  Why not make a special bullet for the 71's?  Quite simply, I bet we don't get fifteen requests a year for a different .348 bullet, and then most folks only buy one or two hundred bullets at a shot.... economic feasability is the bottom line.  However, I'm always open to the custom order route for most anything you gents might want!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Muleskinner,

Pop me off an email or PM and we'll work out the details.  Sounds like a good project!

Thanks,

God Bless,

Marshall

1 - 9 of 9 Posts