Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
MMP are good sabots. As I remember, the HPH-12 are for open bore, HPH-24 are for the more tight bores. But if you have any questions as to which sabot you need, call them. They are real great people to work with.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well. I bought some 54./.50 sabots from them. Now I just need some 50 caliber handgun bullets and I'll be in business.

Well....Right after I get a new (lower sight) for my gun......Then I'll be in business.

·
Registered
478 Posts
The first sabots I ever shot was MMP. Good products.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have had nothing but good results from MMP. Both with their products, and their customer service. I use both the green mags, and the black std. Good price, me and my friends order enough to get their discount. Very quick on shipping as well.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my 54/50 sabots and my 50 cal (the 300 grain hornady flextips) bullets. Off to the range later...

And in case anyone is also wondering, these bullets will also be tried in my new shotgun slug reloading venture as well with the BPI 12gauge/50 sabots. But's that's a little bit later in the future.

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
Got my 54/50 sabots and my 50 cal (the 300 grain hornady flextips) bullets. Off to the range later...

And in case anyone is also wondering, these bullets will also be tried in my new shotgun slug reloading venture as well with the BPI 12gauge/50 sabots. But's that's a little bit later in the future.
I'm very interested to hear how these shoot and hopefully how well they work on deer, later this season! :)

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
They shot quite well...Except for the sight issue that I have posted in the open sight section. They shoot low along with everything else. But, they stayed within 3-4 inches at 100 yards (about 9 inches low). I only shot about 10 of them. But I will likely be using them on deer this season.

According to MMP a 300-375 grain bullet behind a 100 grain charge launches at just under 1500 fps. I figure being a pointed bullet the 300 grain 50 caliber FTX should knock the snot out of any deer I'll be aiming at within 100 yards, assuming I either fix the sight before hand or adjust myself accordingly and keep it well inside 100 yards.

I will say that they were alot easier to load than the hornady 54 sabots I had that used 240 grain 44 cal XTP bullets, especially after the first shot and quite a bit more accurate. The "crud" ring seemed to not be that bad. Although I did "lube" the sabots as MMP suggests in it's paperwork that came with the sabots. I'm sure that helped.

And oddly enough, I found all but one spent sabot as I walked to the target. I thought that was a bit weird, statistically speaking. Now for the temptation that I'm sure you can all figure out that I have.

Edit: The 3-4 inch groups are with a peep sight, not a scope. So for me I think that's pretty good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts