Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wasn't on a hunt, but visited a game park an hour or so north of Johannesburg, South Africa. Thought you all might want to view some of the magnificent animals they have there.
IMG]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z210/shwncrea/LionRhinoPark010.jpg[/IMG]

The lions weren't really mad at me....they were just yawning.:p

·
Premium Member
2,773 Posts
I like the ear tag on the buff, and the male lion is way too close. Hope you had a long range camera.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,321 Posts
Wow. I think my little .35 Rem might be overmatched there!!!!

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,992 Posts
The Gemsbok and Sable appear to be trophy grade. Nice pic's, Shawn.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Would that be Kruger National Park? Haven't been there but been through SA and Botswana. Congrations on getting there. Everyone should try to see that country. Not necessary for hunting but just to see the wildlife.

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, not Kruger. Although, near Krugersdorp, which is not very far at all out of Pretoria. I can't even remember the name of the park at the moment, but it was a nice 3/4-day trip all total, from/to Joburg. You buy your ticket at the gate and drive your own car in and go where you want to go, well, on roads anyway! Admission was 90 ZAR (Rand), or about $12. Well worth the admission.

·
"Bad Joke Friday" Dan (moderator emeritus)
7,762 Posts
I hope you don't get tired of me saying "chance of a lifetime", really fascinating stuff, and of course, my oh my, they have big teeth!

Dan

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A few more pics. Here's a snoozing lion that was probably 6 ft out my car window.

Here's a Roan that is apparently somewhat rare/endangered.

And, an impala and another gemsbok (oryx).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have a home not far from there. Easy way for tourists to see some of the animals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts