Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my FR8 for many years, it is a great rifles for plinking, but does any one have the actual official meaning of the 4 hole peep sights, what range is the smallest hole, then so on?

I have used the smallest peep sight hole for 25 meters, and the largest for the heck out there.

Thanks,

Jerry

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
From what I remember of the two I used to own was that the rear sight had 3 rotating peeps, that were set @ 100, 200, and 300 meters.

There was a sight called www.surplusrifle.com but I cannot access it this morning.
they used to have a great write-up on this rifle.

Here's one from another site:

FR8

·
Banned
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris,

Thanks, mine has 4 peep sight aperatures.

Jerry

·
Banned
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris,

I just ordered the FR8 Manual in print and the CD set for Surplus Guns, gun knowledge is a terrible thing to waste, or is that ammo.

Jerry

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
the 4 peep may be an FR 7
Bent bolts were FR 7's for the most. FR8's had straight.

this is a good article....

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting/fr8/index.asp

"The rear sight has a dial selector that allows for the choice of apertures for 200, 300 and 400 meters as well as an open “V” notch for 100m. Interestingly, the choice of which distance aperture to use does not change the diameter of the hole, rather it moves the hole either up or down according to distance. Starting with the sight at the “V” notch (100m) position, turning the sight counterclockwise one notch goes to the 200m aperture, turn it again counterclockwise and you go to the 300m aperture. If you turn the sight back to the “V” notch and then turn it clockwise, you get to the 400m apertures. Very ingenious, huh?"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts