Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all-

I know there are more than a couple of you more discriminating types here on the Beartooth Levergun forum that would like to see a return of the .25-20 chambering.

Well - I've got a proposal... It's doubtful that Marlin will see enough interest to offer this as a regular production item BUT - Davidson's may have a more open mind and might be persuaded to contract with Marlin for one of their limited runs.

If you'd like to see this happen - Please log on to the Davidson site "Gallery of Guns" at http://www.galleryofguns.com/GunGallery/Index.asp# - select the sidebar button at the bottom for "comments" and tell them so. If enough of us let them know we're interested, they may just do it!

Take a minute and drop them an e-mail.

Thanks-

Sky C.
Longmont, CO

PS. also posted on the Marlin Forum

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Done, but I asked for a 32-20. I guess a 25-20 would do the job, but I want a 32-20 and already have an old 1892 in 25-20 that will still shoot if I match the lead to the barrel.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey Sky,
It might not be as long of a shot as you think. I can almost swear that about 7-8 years ago Marlin chambered SOMETHING for the 25-20. Maybe a more knowledgable Marlin fan could answer for sure.
Scott

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Marlin made the 1894CL in 32-20,25-20, and 218 Bee if memory serves me correctly. I believe it was a little longer than 7-8 years ago. They can still be had, but prepare for an ankle grab if you hope to attain one. I passed on one in 32-20 two years ago, new in box, with NWTF medallion in the stock. I've been kicking myself since for the mistake.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Those guns were cranked out around 91 or 93, the original order of 100 each of the guns, along with aprox 500 other assorted marlins was placed by David Vaughn at the las vegas shot show and the balance of the guns was bought by Davidsons. At the time marlin required an order of 500 pieces per cal for a special run. I remeber the entire order of aprox 900 guns avereged a little over $175 per gun. The 218 bee was the only one of the batch that was accurate with factory ammo available at the time, I am sure the others could have been with handloading. All the guns bought by Vaughn were sold between $225 and $265 over a 2 year period, very hard to sell until they were all gone. The 32-20 was by far the most fun for possum hunting. I traded my 218 bee a couple of years ago for a new 444 so I guess the value had gone up to aprox $400, hindsights 20-20. RichardT

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Sky C. said:
Howdy all-

I know there are more than a couple of you more discriminating types here on the Beartooth Levergun forum that would like to see a return of the .25-20 chambering.

Well - I've got a proposal... It's doubtful that Marlin will see enough interest to offer this as a regular production item BUT - Davidson's may have a more open mind and might be persuaded to contract with Marlin for one of their limited runs.

If you'd like to see this happen - Please log on to the Davidson site "Gallery of Guns" at http://www.galleryofguns.com/GunGallery/Index.asp# - select the sidebar button at the bottom for "comments" and tell them so. If enough of us let them know we're interested, they may just do it!Thanks-

Sky C.
Longmont, CO

PS. also posted on the Marlin Forum

Take a minute and drop them an e-mail.

Hate to rain on your parade!!!!

This has been tryed a few years ago with out results.We had about 300 people that wanted a 35 CB type rifle on Marlin Talk
You need to have at least 1000 orders before they would consider you.I understand Marlin has 32/20 rifles that they would like to sell , and are waiting before they issued the 32 H&R.
You might want to check with Marlin for the 32/20.
Happy

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well guys -

I got lucky & found one of the 1894CL's in 25-20 in excellent condition a while ago. The gun is PURE FUN!!! I set it up with a Lyman #17A front aperature sight and a Williams FP at the rear after having done my load development with a x9 scope on board. I have a couple cast bullet loads that'll print right where I'm pointing every time I pull the trigger. When I miss - I go look in the mirror :rolleyes: . This is one that I'll keep a tight grip on. ;)

Merry CHRISTmas to all!

Sky C.

·
Registered
150 Posts
There's a brand new 1894CL in .32/20 on Gunbroker right now for $539.00 Just thought I'd pass that along, in case anybody was interested. Lee.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts