Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,457 Posts
Well at heart it's a Marlin 336, presumably .30-30 or .35 Rem..... the gun auction sites are full of them and a pretty good indicator of the market. As far as the carving on the buttstock goes, doesn't float my boat, but some folks may think differently.

Welcome and best of luck in your detective work.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Hi Mike , I don’t see many Speigel 336RC’s for sale.
If you're not already a member there, you may want to visit the Marlin Owners Forum. Seems I saw a post there where someone is looking for that exact rifle and buttstock carving.

Marlinowners.com

As for it value, in today's market the "labeled" Marlins seem to bring as much as the regular guns. The prices vary from about 5-$700 for mint basic guns. As with ALL used firearms, condition is everything.

My personal opinion is that prices will not remain artificially high once Ruger's Marlins become available for purchase in December.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Guns international has some 336 RCs but without the carving. What their asking and what their worth may be two different things tho.

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,963 Posts

May seem un-helpful, but honestly it's the truth. What certain things are worth here, verses Az, or to a Rabid collector who remembers a story about granddad.... Things are worth what someone wants to pay.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,457 Posts
Wish there was an easy answer, but there probably isn't. Especially if something like that doesn't come up for sale very often.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts