Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

A few years back I saw an SKS that had been made to use standard AK magazines. Does anyone know if they are still available?

Thanks,

Longrangehunter

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
40 Posts
The SKS D or M are getting a little spendy and only made by the Chinese. Other SKS can be modified to detatachable mags.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Had looked into modifying a SKS to this capability. The instructions I had were not the best and some of the methods used were very crude for making the mods. My biggest hang up was way the front magazine catch was secured to the receiver. Decided at that point to just invest in one specifically made for the AK magazines. Haven't regreted that decision especially in light of price increases. Should be able to sell and still get my original investment back maybe even make a little.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have 10 different SKS's all from different countries . My Norinco model M sporter with thombhole stock is the best of the bunch. It will be yhe last one to go. Their pretty common on gunbroker. Going price seems to be between 400 and 600. Get one you"ll love it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sks

I have 10 different SKS's all from different countries . My Norinco model M sporter with thombhole stock is the best of the bunch. It will be yhe last one to go. Their pretty common on gunbroker. Going price seems to be between 400 and 600. Get one you"ll love it.
Thanks!

longrangehunter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts