I was up in Nome this spring hunting Grizzlies. We hunted North of Council, West of Nome. Base camp was my brothers cabin. If you read my other posts about Alaska hunting you know that weather always seems to be a factor. This year was no different. On our way in the weather got so warm that the bottom dropped out of the snow making travel by Snowmachine quite an adventure. We seized one machine 35 miles in so we had 2 machines for 3 guys. Finally got to the cabin and then spent the next 6 days waiting for the weather to break. The hunting is all spot and stalk, so visibilty is everything. We had all of 100 yards visibility for 6 days. Blowing snow and fog. Finally we got a break. We had 2 clear days. My brother shot his Friday, I got mine Saturday. Trophy hunting was out of the question by then. We had to get back to Nome by Monday. Both bears were sows, 6 1/2 footers, which is about average for the area. I was lucky to get a bear and had a great time. Of course the weather broke after I left, my brother was out with his hunting partner last week and they got a bear that was just under 8'. The skull is 24 and 1/16. Boone and Crockett is 24" so after it drys out it probably won't make it. I've already applied for my next tag, which is for this fall. The regulatory seasons run from Fall to Spring. The one I just filled was Fall of 2001 to Spring of 2002. This tag is for Fall of 2002, to Spring of 2003. I haven't been able to get the negatives of the pictures on a disk yet so here is a picture that I took with a digital camera of a picture, not very good quality. Hope it loads...