Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a question fellas I recently obtained this shotgun with one msjor drawback when I try to load the shells in the tube I push one in and it comes right back out it dosent stay in the tube I replaced spring,follower and tube installed these parts and it still does the same thing whats+up

·
Premium Member
14,204 Posts
It is the shell stop spring that's broken or dislocated. Those are a miserable *** to work on and not really worth it. I can't think of a worse pump shotgun.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
That is because the first shell in the magazine is supposed to extend back approximately a quarter inch back to a machined stop on the closed bolt. When the action is cycled a second stop retains next shell just inside the mag tube until the feed cycle is complete.

It is a rather unusual design and replacement parts are becoming hard to find.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
One additional thought: Should the second shell stop break or otherwise fail, that part can be removed and the shotgun will function as a two shot repeater - one in the chamber and one in the magazine. If this is done, it is also advisable to install a magazne tube plug to limit the magazine to one shell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is the shell stop spring that's broken or dislocated. Those are a miserable *** to work on and not really worth it. I can't think of a worse pump shotgun.
THANK YOU JBELK FOR THAT INFO GUY ILL GET BACK WHEN I FIND THE PARTS THANKS AGAIN!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One additional thought: Should the second shell stop break or otherwise fail, that part can be removed and the shotgun will function as a two shot repeater - one in the chamber and one in the magazine. If this is done, it is also advisable to install a magazne tube plug to limit the magazine to one shell.
Hey ralph THANKS FOR THE INFO Ill I find the parts and shout back at ya! THANKS AGAIN!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts