Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any info on the Springfield Armory 1911 GI pistol? I looked at one today and I like it. Just wanted to see what you guys with them thought first.

Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
They're nice and they're well built. My buddy has one and I like it. For the little extra money though the Mil-Spec has a flared ejection port and nicer sights. Maybe a few other differences.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I saw one at a local shope/range in an olive drab color with a checkered wooden grip w/ US in the grip... Is that the MIL-Spec model?? I rally liked the feel of the gun... Asking price was $489.. George

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought my Springfield MILSPEC 1911 about 5 years ago and love it. I could have had the blued model but the green was too cool looking. For the price you can't beat it and it is accurate enough for me. I picked up the US holster and belt on ebay at about the same time for $30 and, get this, the guy mailed it to me with 4 LOADED magazines in the pouches!!! Either he forgot about them or wanted to get rid of them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yep, it is cool looking... I went back 2 days later and they had sold out of that model!!! :( He who hesitates... I guess the $489 price was real good... I will hope they get more in... 4 loaded mags... WOW! Lucky it wan't opened for inspection.. :) Never been to AZ, but my wife was there about 5 years ago on business and said it was the worst heat she was ever in... and we live in Florida... She said the minute she walked into a building she started to sweat, but when you went back out the sweat just evaporated off you... No thanks for me! George

·
Registered
43 Posts
fishndude22,

I forgot what I paid for mine but that price sounds about right. Regarding living in Arizona, the majority of the state outside of the massive Phoenix "valley" area is fairly ok from a normal weather standpoint. Phoenix is nice during the "winter" (summer to northerners) but summer can be very brutal beyond belief. It is not worth going to the shooting range during the summer for any distance accuracy quests because of the mirage over the firing line not to mention the intense barrel heat that never really cools down. Forget riding a motorcycle during the summer. Seriously, it's almost like standing behind a jet engine. :eek:

If I could only figure out a way to move to Colorado!!!!!!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
172 Posts
If I remember, my wife was there in July.... She said at 10pm in was still 97F... Not for me! Not been in Colorado, yet, but the photos I've seen are beautiful.. Took a trip thru the Canadian Rockies 4 years ago and I would have to say that's the most beautiful place I've been in... Went horseback riding along a beautiful river in Banff... the water was an aqua green to emerald color!! :) I was told in was from run off from glaciers! Stunning! If you ever get a chance, go there... George

·
Registered
82 Posts
Very nice gun...Had one for a while. I'm a lefty and had an ambidextrous safety put on it...the smith screwed it up...would not engage reliably and he tried to remedy this at least 10 different times I took it in...Finally sold it but it was a great shooter...go get one!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts