Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Springfield model 1922 military trainer
22 caliber. Manufactured by Remimgton in 1942 (last year of production. It will not feed from the magazine. I have 3 magazines, one after market, 2 original M2s and one new and
One used. None will feed the
various brands of ammo I've tried. Any ideas?

Thanks, jlaw

·
Premium Member
15,336 Posts
YES!! Trade it to me! Would you like a new CZ 452 with a 3-9 Leupold?

I doubt seriously you have original magazines. (I see now that you do) They're as scarce as bat tracks. Triple K made some that flat didn't work, so your aftermarket I understand not working.
The 1922 is controlled round feed from a single stack mag. There's nothing that can go wrong but what you can see is going wrong. I'll be glad to take a look if you want to send some pictures to
j belk 09 at gmail dot com. Leave out the spaces.

Here is the most highly modified M1922 on earth.

Attachments

Reactions: 7MMRLC

·
Premium Member
15,336 Posts
You asked for it--

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts

I doubt seriously you have original magazines. (I see now that you do) They're as scarce as bat tracks. Triple K made some that flat didn't work, so your aftermarket I understand not working.
The 1922 is controlled round feed from a single stack mag. There's nothing that can go wrong but what you can see is going wrong. I'll be glad to take a look if you want to send some pictures to

Wow, what a neat rifle.!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I've heard in life, that it don't matter how much money you have, it's who you know. After seeing that rifle, I now believe, cash matters and knowledge is priceless. How could anybody ever put a price on that rifle? A stunning example of craftsmanship, truly priceless. Thank You JBelk

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
11,467 Posts
How does it shoot?

RJ

·
Premium Member
15,336 Posts
At first not worth BEANS! The barrel was a 2" Douglas blank that I milled away all but the barrel with integral front ramp, sling mount and quarter rib, so roughly 70% of the barrel was taken away. That left the bore lumpy, so I lapped the tight places out, re-crowned and tried again. Success! I ran about 400 rounds through it after filing in the express sights for W-W Super X HPs. All highspeed ammo printed within an inch of aiming point at 50 yards and great fun shooting it at 'running game' (rolling tire). It's a miniature express rifle and just plumb neat to shoot.
BUT, that barrel had 200 hours of work in it, the job was a year behind schedule when I took it, and I didn't have a plan B in case the lapping didn't work.

Here's an original M1922. Mine started as two halves from a scrap metal dealer that had been torch cut, so I shortened it 5/8" when welding back together and adding the square bridge, bolt stop, etc.
It has two magazines that were made from Jennings 22 auto pistol mags with custom bottom plates.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

Wow!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I was going to post a picture of my 1922 MK1. But can't hold a candle to those. By far the craftsmanship in those pictures is beyond words.

·
Premium Member
15,336 Posts
Post it anyway. There are no ugly Springfields. Here's another picture of ACGG #9. This was Maurice Ottmar's last stock job and one of Eric Gold's first whole gun commissions. The safety was donated by Jim Wisner.
We need your picture to show the different in M1 and M2 locking lugs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Okay, here's the one I picked up over 40 yrs ago. Has a Fajen stock and 15 X Lyman Super Target Spot scope.
1922 MK1.jpg
20210405_163627.jpg
20210405_163645.jpg
20210405_163832.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,336 Posts
Thank you! That's a great picture of the early 'bolt latch' locking lug that keeps the bolt halves from separating when the bolt is out of the rifle. Mine didn't have that style lug. There is a third style of lug that is a simple rectangle 'box', and a fourth style that makes that 'box' adjustable to take up headspace.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts