Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
72 Posts
squid loads

if this was happing to me the first thing i d do is load some without the mag primer. this may be causing the base of the bullet to melt or at least get to hot. looked in all my loading books and material i have and i dont see and thing about using mag. primers with this setup. good luck.

·
Banned
72 Posts
squib .38s

i cant find any loading data for the 3.grs of WST the max is 2.8grs with std. primers NOT MAG primers. would this not spike the load and create over pressure on the gun. just a thought. i d be real careful about going past max, max is there for a reason.

·
Banned
72 Posts
squib .38s

bent rod the max preeure for the.38 acc. to sammi is 18,900 the max pressure on the WST load at 2.8grs. is 16,000 using std. primers. using the mag primers you are spiking the pressires higher. now if you use the higher powder load you may very well cause damage to the gun and worst yet hurt some one around you upon shooting the over loaded gun. walk light and carry a big stick be good.

·
Banned
72 Posts
squib .38s

WHB. i will give you that this is correct. my point is the man is working with MAG. primers not std. i know of no loads that rec. mag primers in a std. 38.spl. also i dont think that the make or modle of the .38 has been divulged so if it old and wont accept + p loads i d very leary.

·
Banned
72 Posts
well im aware what win. did and there primers for pistols from what ive read and been told are not as hot as mag primers from other manf. i still will stick with my guns on the flame front in the case melting or maybe making the base of the bullet very soft allowing the gases to get by the bullet to fast. also rocky has a point also but we will see what we will see. could be a combination of all the wrong this we have discused and they are all involved with what is happining

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.