Shooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of purchasing this for my wife. Seems like a good weapon but I am reading mixed reviews. Anyone out there own one and what do you think of it?
Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thinking of purchasing this for my wife. Seems like a good weapon but I am reading mixed reviews. Anyone out there own one and what do you think of it?
Thanks
I like 'em. They're good little pistols. I would not have a problem recomending one. The important question here really is does your wife like it? does it fit here hand? how will it be carried?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I'm seeing fantastic reviews by actual owners. Here is video by Hickok45 (He is a Glock guy) and you can see for yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT1q1C_PnIY
Ruger is on a roll - all Ruger semi-autos are worth owning - P series and SR series anc LC series.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Some SR9c facts:

Early production examples had 2 problems; light primer strikes and peening of the forward exposed edge of the barrel, where it meets the slide.

Both problems were fixed this year. Ruger has the BEST customer service in the business, so if you have either of these problems they will send you a label to return the gun. People report the turnaround to be fast, sometimes only days, and report that their SR9c issues are gone.

A remaining problem is the factory grease; when shooting in 20 degree weather, my then-new SR9c had some light strike FTF's... after cleaning the cosmoline-like grease out of the striker tunnel and striker assembly, then lubing as usual, my gun has fired over 500 rounds without a hickup.

The gun is surprisingly accurate for it's barrel length, pretty much point-of-aim at 30'. Recoil is very negligible. It's easy to carry, comfortable in the hand and the controls are perfect, especially if you have 1911 experience.

I highly recommend the SR9c.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought the SR9 within the last year and never had any problems with it. some also come with a mounting rail under it for lights or lasers. Its smaller and light weight with 17 rounds in the mag. all in all not a bad little gun.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I also have an SR9C. I was a hard and fast .45er and did NOT want any 9mm in my barn. I was at the store and they had the SR9C and I had to pick it up. Well it came home with me. I had not felt a more comfortable gun in the hand since I got my HK. Took it to the range and it performed flawlessly. I to have put about 500 rounds through and not one single failure. Recoil is VERY manageable and surprisingly accurate for a short barrel pistol. I give two thumbs up for this gun. If your wife likes the feel go for it. I would like my wife to try it out, I think she will like it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I love mine, 1000 ROUNDS OF LEADRN and no problems, mine has never seen a factory load :)
I have one of the SR9C handguns too, and really like it. I've fired a Springfield XD, a Smith M&P, and the Ruger SR-9 for comparison, and both like, and shoot the SR9-C the best. For some reason the trigger on the compact is better than the one on the full sized guns I've handled. Make sure you wife tries the trigger on any gun she is looking at since some of the striker fired guns have pretty stiff triggers....... at first at least, don't know about later on. I also like the idea of the safety on a striker fired gun though many don't care for it I guess.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The SR9c is my first handgun and loving it! 1500 rounds and not one fail! :cool:

I originally went tot the range to look at the SR9, they had none in the box, but brought out the SR9c. Bought it on the spot!

This gun is 2010 handgun of the year for a reason!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I don't have experience with the SR9c, but I have pounded 1000rds thru an SR9 in the last 2 months and it just gets better and better.

good luck
shoot straight and shoot often
GF

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
A question, if you please.
Have any of you Ruger shooters carried this little gun in the hip pocket of you Levis?

Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
A question, if you please.
Have any of you Ruger shooters carried this little gun in the hip pocket of you Levis?

Jim
It does not sound comfortable for the SR9c. Perhaps with the LCP, but I would be afraid of scrunching it with my big butt!

I have the Kholster IWB holster for the SR9c and it is very comfortable for carry.

The only issue I ever had with the SR9c was failure of the slide to stay open on empty, but now that I learned not to rest my thumb on the slide release, that has gone away....

:cool:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Jeff
One of my ex wives told me I was a buttless wonder. That observation may have come about as a result of her surplus.
I was thinking of getting or making a holster that fits in the hip pocket and gives the outline of a wallet, rather then a firearm.
This cute little piece has to be more convient then my 1911 or one of my S&W model 25s.
I'll just have to drag my my skinny butt down to the local gun emporium and give it a try.
Thanks for your input.
Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just tried, it will not fit all the way into my back pocket on my jeans....:eek:

I know the LCP has a cool wallet holster that you can use. 380 is after all just a 9mm short.:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts