Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this at the rimfire rifle page and didnt get any response. I just ordered a new marlin 22 mag that was pictured with a bead blasted finish and when the gun came in it was a bright polished finish. Can i get it bead blasted or i would even be ok with some kind of camo paint finish or just a wrap. Thanks for any ideas.

·
Banned
637 Posts
Is it stainless steel or is it nickel plated? Stainless can be bead blasted or you can dull it down with some sandpaper.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Another option is to use a fine wire wheel on a buffer/grinder. It will give a soft finish that is similar to a bead blasted finish. With a little care and good technique you can get a very acceptable soft satin finish with no lap marks. Do not use a course wheel it is way too aggressive.

Good luck, Turcis1

·
Banned
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
camo form

i was gonna paint it camo and i found this stuff called camo form it goes on like tape but it doesnt leave a residue when you remove and its reusable if you want take it of for drying. There are a few different patterns one of the in snow camo that looked pretty cool to me. Its made by Mcnett. Thanks for the ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts