Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good starting and recommended
maximum load for the 405 WLNDCGC 44 magnum bullet.
This would be for a Ruger Super Redhawk (7.5" bbl.)
using W296/H110.Thanks for any help.

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
#Moderation Mode

I moved this topic to the Handgun Cartridge forum so it will recieve viewing by those who can respond best!

Thanks for the post

God Bless,

Marshall

<a href="http://beartoothbullets.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=5&topic=23" target="_self">Moved here</a>

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
tmk,

In your .44 Redhawk, seat the bullet out to the .500" nose to crimp length, taking full advantage of the long cylinder on the Redhawk.  

Begin with this for a starting load, and work up as pressure signs and prudence dictate!  I'm not going to advocate a top load here, as different guns behave as individuals.

Try starting with this:

BTB .432"-405g WLNGC seated to .500" NTC length/18.0g H110-W296/WLPP/Win Brass/1050+ fps.

<span style='color:red'>This load is</span> <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>ONLY</span></span><span style='color:red'>for use with a <span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>.500" nose to crimp length</span></span> in either Ruger Redhawks, Colt Anacondas, Bill Grover's Custom .44 single action revolver, or TC Contender/Encore single shots!

Let us know what you get in your load workups!

God Bless,

Marshall

1 - 4 of 4 Posts