1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
649 Posts
Just watched the end of it. Looks like the. Aussie police knew what they were doing. Was he really hauled off on a stretcher holding his crotch with blood coming from between his fingers?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just watched the end of it. Looks like the. Aussie police knew what they were doing. Was he really hauled off on a stretcher holding his crotch with blood coming from between his fingers?
Ha, that would have been nice, but he was dead. Some limp .... judge had let this clown out on bail. He had been claiming to be a mullah but wasn't. He had been found guilty of a number of offences including sending letters to the families of some of our soldiers who had been killed in Afghanistan saying some pretty ordinary things about them. There would have been a long line of blokes keen to have a word with him for that. The SWAT guy that did it can now go home and say "job well done."
John

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
Earlier in a radio broadcast, I heard that "You won;t believe what the gathering crowd of people are doing outside the hostage store site in Australia", but then I never heard what it was. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
774 Posts
I just caught this on the news as i was reading this thread. Some ranking official in the CIA said we should not be surprised when it happens here, that it will "most definately" happen here sometime within the next year.

One guy holding 30 plus hostages!? Better be an anti gun town in a room full of women... Scratch that,,, there are no less than a few women around here that would jump him as a group and stick a nail file in him before the cops even had a chance.... they are better off sticking to letter writing... :p

Good to hear that no one except the dirtbag was hurt.

·
Registered
484 Posts
2 Hostages were killed also. Sorry for their families. Aussies did the right thing. Don't play with these guys, just take em out.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Apparently one fella did try to jump him, he actually had about 17 hostages, and he was using a shotgun. He killed the bloke who tried to get him, and that's when our hostage rescue team went in. One HR guy got a pellet in his face but they took him down hard, flash bang grenades and a few well placed rounds. Unfortunately he had shot a couple of other hostages before the cops got him.
JD

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
:confused::confused: I too feel sorry for the innocents harmed in this incident, but I haven't heard one word about how an alien(non resident), documented mental case, known trouble maker got a firearm in Australia , where the gun laws are understood to be quite draconian. Maybe I'm missing something here, or is it selective reporting?
I am unaware of a single news outlet, Australian or otherwise, reporting on how or where this nutter got a gun.

EDIT: I found this website that compares crime rates between countries. Interesting reading http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Australia/United-States/Crime

·
Registered
774 Posts
While the media here is not saying outright, the undertone is that the police not only shot the gunman, but the hostages as well.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Gun free zones, we have them here in Colorado as well, schools and some theaters, everyone knows how well that's worked out. Gun free zones should be renamed terrorist have their way zones.
We have seen somewhat of a backlash here in this state, people are sick of being victims. There's huge number of concealed carry permits out there and more and more places like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AhH25xLkvz8
Good luck to the idiot that tries something in Rifle Colorado or the little towns here in Douglas county.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts