Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Stevens model 520 that shows considerable wear and is missing the spring that keeps the action locked. It's been around and I would say the bluing is about 75% and the stock is in fair shape with some cracking on the fore end but no missing wood. If my limited research is correct, it would be worth about 100 bucks or so if I fixed it mechanically, and ignored the cosmetics. I like the look of the gun. It's cool looking in a "retro-clunky-mechanical way", but it's a beast of a thing and quite heavy for a pump. It's made out of a major chunk of steel! It doesn't appear to have any of the "trench-gun" markings that would make it collectible.
I wonder if anyone here has one, and could offer an opinion on how it shoots, and so forth. I'm trying to decide on parting it out, trading it etc, and I don't want it hanging around in it's present, dangerous condition.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,426 Posts
Years ago I had a trench gun, a 520-30. It shot as good as any pump, but had no disconnector, and could be 'fanned' by holding the trigger, and pumping away!!!

It was worth more to a local collector than it was to me, and was promptly traded for a pristine war era High power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts