Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there...has anyone had any shooting experience with ther Steyr pro hunter...is the basic rifle similar to they're more expensive jobs...action barrel etc.? are they a capable weapon in the accuracy department?...does the enclosed action design present problems with one cartridge feeding? does the detach magazine size allow enough room for seating bullets out to the lands if necessary? thanks for your response....

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a Pro Hunter Stainless in 7mm Rem Mag. I might have mentioned all the good things about it in a previous post. I love the rifle. It was a choice for me between the sako 75 or the steyr, and what really got my attention was the trigger on the steyr - perfect. It comes with a set trigger, and it is extremely crisp, even when unset.

I have found mine is pretty accurate. I handload for mine, and I have gotten some impressive groupings. I have found the magazine is plenty long enough for seating bullets way out if you want to. If your hands are not too stubby, you can even load through the ejection port. The rifle is easy to care for as well, although this does not mean you should neglect it. The safety system may look and sound complicated, but once you actually use it, its wonderful, although I dont rely on mine all that often, but the design is nice. I love my steyr, I took my first Red Deer with it and it is a rifle I will never get rid of.

Buy one.

Reece

·
Registered
124 Posts
And to answer your question about the comparability to action and barrel etc, the pro hunter is like the building block for their more expensive jobs. The more expensive rifles basically just have different stock designs, and accessories here and there. My friend has a steyr scout, and the design of the action is the same.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys that answers my questions

ya that covers it...I've run into magazine dimension restrictions in other rifles so wanted to make sure on this one..and it's what I'd suspected in that the upper end rifles in this make add beauty but not necessarily function....thanks for answering....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts