Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Briefly, they are things that are important or helpful. They stay up at the top where they can be seen day after day.
Who puts them up? Are they, and the information and/or opinions in them just from some individual? Can I put one up in spite of the fact I don't know what Im talking about half the time? :p Who decides they are important and need to stay up?

Spence

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We members don't put them up, but if one of us has a blinding flash of brilliance our post may be made into a sticky.
So, that means Big Bother is watching. I'm just beginning to understand the chain of command, just found Marshal as owner of the site, had assumed it was the Beartooth Bullets site. Is Marshal also Beartooth Bullets?

Stickies, then are a function of the management, posted only by them... but it's possible for some of them to originate with a member and be granted Sticky status by management.

That clears things up a bit, because as a new poster I've been reading the Stickies on all the forums I monitor, and I've seen some that were obviously from the Overlords and some which were obviously from individual members expressing their personal opinions.

Thanks.

Spence

·
Premium Member
7,587 Posts
Stickys have many functions. They convey rules of the board, pass on manufacturer recalls/safety notices (when members or mods are aware of them), are helpful to certain product/repair/tips/selling items FAQ's, and some are meant to head off really, really, FAQ's that by doing a search could be answered without rehashing the same Q for the xxx'th time. And yes, some stickys will originate from members, when decided they would be beneficial to the membership in general.

Marshal Stanton is the owner of the site, and of Beartooth Bullets. He funds the operation of the forums and the mods try their best to keep it operating appropriately.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
38,163 Posts
Overlords? Hey, I may have to just change my title! I like that!

·
Super Moderator
14,119 Posts
Spence,

To answer part of your original question, the moderators all have to power to turn a post into a sticky or to unstick it from the top of the forum if it loses relevance. If you come across an emergency warning or recall warning and post it, you can PM any moderator and request it be made into a sticky. We also get requests for other information to be made into stickies, so feel free. We may say "no" if we don't agree it merits permanent status, but you can ask.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.