Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Guy here-----have done the search for info
Have a barreled action for a Yugo 24/47 and need a stock. Prefer a synthetic as I'm no woodworker or gunsmith.
Question is: are the 98 Mauser and the 24/47 basically the same rifle? And will an aftermarket stock that fits the 98, fit the 24/47?
The ad reads in part"will also accept a Mauser stepped military barrel if you remove the rear sight",
Since I plan to scope it anyway, losing the sight isn't a factor for me.
If this stock won't work, please offer any suggestions you may have. All will be appreciated.
thanx
olcop

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,406 Posts
You need to look for a stock that is compatible with the Yugo M48, not the model 98. The dimensions are some what different. I suppose a model 98 stock could be made to work, with enough modification and epoxy!

They exist, because I bought a rifle with a laminated stock... but I don't know where it came from. Try Boyd's, or Richard's Microfit as a start. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
Model 24/47

This rifle is dimensionally a Czech VZ-24 and usually does not have a stepped barrel like the Kar98k. The Kar98k stock may or may not work and can properly be made to fit. Hope this helps. All the best...
Gil

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,406 Posts
Gil are you sure? I have a 24/47 action and it appears to match the Yugo M48, not the 98 variants (as in the VZ 24, et al).....

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have taken the bolt out of a 24/47 and put it into a M48 and it appeared to fit and function. I also remember taking my M48 and 24/47 stocks off to refinish them. I am sure the M48 and 24/47 both had stepped barrels on them.

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
I stand corrected

I just looked very closely at three 24/47 rifles and indeed they do have stepped barrels. I hate it when that happens. All the best...
Gil

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stock for M24/47

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys it is much appreciated.
After finally figureing out that there was no synthetic stock for this rifle, I took the advice offered and bought a Boyds.
A tip of the hat to Kurt at Boyds, he suggested I check their ebay site, I did, and they had just what I wanted, at a very good price, bought it, and was notified that it was already on the way.
Way to go Kurt!!!!!!!!! and thanks to all at Boyds
olcop

·
Registered
429 Posts
Glad you found a stock olcop.

Blame the holiday season Gil. ;) It does things to peoples minds.
Yesterday I saw a SUV with it's driver side door open in the parking lot. No one around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts