Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sub MOA?....
Very much in the realm of doable....with most leverguns...
That is if the fella standing behind the rifle does his part...

Pete

·
Registered
488 Posts
My 1895 45/70 shoots under 1" at 100 yards with Hornady LeverRevolution ammo. I suspect it will do even better with handloads, if I ever learn how to handload :cool:
Dan

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
You won't get MOA accuracy out of every levergun, but most will come close with a least one load, and true MOA performance is not at all uncommon.

My first Marlin 336 .30-30 was built in 1967. First 3-shot, 100-yard group I shot from it was with J.C Higgins (Sears, I think loaded by Federal at that time) 170 gr loads, and went in to exactly 1/2". Shooting up the rest of that box, the biggest group was still no more than about 3/4". I burned rubber back to the store and bought all the rest of the boxes of that same lot that they had, 6 or 7 boxes, as I recall. No other load ever equalled the performance of that one, but that rifle never fired a group over 1.5 MOA with any load.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Last Sunday I checked the zero on my Marlin 336A .35 Remington made in 1950 with a Weaver K4 on top, with my hand loads, kneeling, resting off the front fender of my Jeep, I shot a fairly rapid group, it was just about an inch high and was right at 1 1/8" on the group!, I believe that from the bench I could get it into an inch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts